• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling blah

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Hello moms! I just had my second son the beginning of this month and my first born is 3yrs old. I'm a stay at home mom which I love and hate. There are ok days but most days suck. And I feel terrible even feeling this way but my 3yr old used to listen. Now it's like he non-stops yells jumps around and isn't content with anything. I'm bored too. And we have no internet no cable and honestly nowhere to go during the day. He gets freaked out if he's in the same room as the baby and the baby cries. He'll start crying too. Or if the baby is napping he'll tickle him or play loudly which wakes the baby up.
When I was pregnant the second time I thought there was no way Id love this new baby as much as my first. Now I find myself annoyed and stretched so thin with my first. He's so hyper now that when his dad gets home his dad barely can take him off my hands. So it's just day after day of the same thing. Lol.. what happened to my baby?! I feel like a bad person for feeling this way. I feel like I can't wait to get him in preschool! I wonder if he has autism or add. How do you moms of 2 or more deal?? I used to take a little time out for myself to paint my nails or even do my make up.. now i have no time for myself :( This is a rambling post. Just feeling blah..
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:40 PM
I hated being a sahm. Sounds like your first is having trouble adjusting to the the new baby and you all need to get out more. I'd take him out to do something fun without the baby at least once a week.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Get him out of the house for a few hours and let him run around. Even if you just go to Chickfila and set him loose in the playplace. Get him tired out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:47 PM
I wish spring would hurry so we could atleast go outside! We live in Indiana which we actually have 12-15 inches coming tomorrow. Ugh!

Quoting thenameshailie: I hated being a sahm. Sounds like your first is having trouble adjusting to the the new baby and you all need to get out more. I'd take him out to do something fun without the baby at least once a week.
djamommyoftwo
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:03 PM
I live in Indiana too(:
It was nicer out today than it has been so I bundled my kids up and took them out to play. On days it's too cold or wet outside we make forts, watch movies and play games. I try to get my boys out of the house at least once a week. I take them to mccdonalds play land. The library has a cool kids play house and stuff. Sometimes just a change of scenery is all they need.
I know it can be hard, try to have a set nap/quiet time each day. Once he gets used to it, it will give you some time for yourself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish spring would hurry so we could atleast go outside! We live in Indiana which we actually have 12-15 inches coming tomorrow. Ugh!

Quoting thenameshailie: I hated being a sahm. Sounds like your first is having trouble adjusting to the the new baby and you all need to get out more. I'd take him out to do something fun without the baby at least once a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:47 PM
What part of indiana? I'm from south bend! Yes, things are starting to get more on a routine and I wish I could take my oldest outside but thinking im gonna have to wait till next year

Quoting djamommyoftwo: I live in Indiana too(:
It was nicer out today than it has been so I bundled my kids up and took them out to play. On days it's too cold or wet outside we make forts, watch movies and play games. I try to get my boys out of the house at least once a week. I take them to mccdonalds play land. The library has a cool kids play house and stuff. Sometimes just a change of scenery is all they need.
I know it can be hard, try to have a set nap/quiet time each day. Once he gets used to it, it will give you some time for yourself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish spring would hurry so we could atleast go outside! We live in Indiana which we actually have 12-15 inches coming tomorrow. Ugh!

djamommyoftwo
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:52 PM
I live in Boonville. Spring time isn't too far off thankfully. It's hard on us and the kids both when they can't play outside to help burn off energy.

Glad things are starting to get more on a routine for y'all. It took me a while to get my boys on a schedule, but it has made life a little easier.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What part of indiana? I'm from south bend! Yes, things are starting to get more on a routine and I wish I could take my oldest outside but thinking im gonna have to wait till next year

Quoting djamommyoftwo: I live in Indiana too(:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)