• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me ladies of MC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I have old lady feet, ankles and knees. I am also a shoe fanatic and have bought cheap shoes just because they were cute and I knew I wasn't wearing them long term. ( I don't work out of the house and my cute shoes are usually for date nights and dinners out with friends) But I decided my New Years Resolution was going to be that I would no longer buy cheap shoes and I will take better care of my feet so the pain doesn't keep going right up to my back. I do have to stick with a reasonable budget, so I'm looking for brands that have some style variety and are known for being decently made and comfortable/supportive and average less than $100 per pair. Less is better of course so I can buy more, but I'll fork over the cash if I know they are going to be comfortable and will last. I' m looking for everything, flats, sandals, dress shoes, boots. So, help me ladies, give me some good brands and places to buy. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:52 PM
Dansko is great imo. Pricey but good. About 100 a pair. Lasts for years though.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Where do you usually buy your shoes?
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:55 PM

I'd like to suggest that it would be worth your time, money, and podiatric health to save up some additional funds and get a pair of custom made orthodic shoes. They'll last forever, can get repaired when needed, will fit your feet better than any shoe you've ever had, and your feet will thank you.

kzoboe
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:55 PM

SAS

Clarks

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:05 PM
My closest options are DSW, Ross and Kohls. And The mall I go to is fairly upscale, but I honestly don't know what specific shoe stores are in there, the anchor stores are Macy's, Lord and Taylor, and JC Penney. I can order online too.

Quoting thenameshailie: Where do you usually buy your shoes?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:07 PM
Oh, that makes me feel like my feet (and me)are really old, lol. I don't have any major issues, but if I start having more problems, I will definitely consider it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I'd like to suggest that it would be worth your time, money, and podiatric health to save up some additional funds and get a pair of custom made orthodic shoes. They'll last forever, can get repaired when needed, will fit your feet better than any shoe you've ever had, and your feet will thank you.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:07 PM

I'm 25 and I have custom orthodics :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh, that makes me feel like my feet (and me)are really old, lol. I don't have any major issues, but if I start having more problems, I will definitely consider it.
Quoting OwlNuggets:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks, I'll look into them.

Quoting rosie211: Dansko is great imo. Pricey but good. About 100 a pair. Lasts for years though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:09 PM
I really know nothing about them, other than my mom taking my grandma to get fitted for hers. How much do they run? What kind of styles are available?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I'm 25 and I have custom orthodics :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh, that makes me feel like my feet (and me)are really old, lol. I don't have any major issues, but if I start having more problems, I will definitely consider it.

Quoting OwlNuggets:

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

i wear keen steel toes for work and new balance tennis shoes when im home. but here is a bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)