Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Watchers.. yay or nay??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies

Thining about WW..

I need to get healthy.. and drop 50 lbs of baby weight.

Anyone done the online plan?

Does it work?

Thanks!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:00 PM

For me the online plan was a waste of money. The meetings were really what kept me accountable. That said, I think it's a great starting point if you need to learn about nutrition and portion sizes. After that it's just a money drain. Most people can do it themselves for free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost 45 pounds with just the online program, no meetings. It really is just common sense, but I loved the convenience of it, and got some really great recipes out of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Thanks.

I thought about the meetings, but I have three small kids that I don't have a sitter for, any my husband works really crazy hours.  I don't think I commit to a day a week at a certain time.

Quoting .strawberry.:

For me the online plan was a waste of money. The meetings were really what kept me accountable. That said, I think it's a great starting point if you need to learn about nutrition and portion sizes. After that it's just a money drain. Most people can do it themselves for free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:07 PM

Were there people to talk to for support?

Did you use the phone app too?  

Congrats!!  Have you kept it off??

Quoting Anonymous 2: I lost 45 pounds with just the online program, no meetings. It really is just common sense, but I loved the convenience of it, and got some really great recipes out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:09 PM

I went to meetings and lost 30 lbs.

ejkdmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:10 PM
It works if you work it. I am not a meeting kind of chick, that is why I never did it. But when they started the online program, I jumped on it. They have all sorts of tools online and now apps, it is great.

If I was serious about losing weight again, that is what I would do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:11 PM
I did/ do use the app. I it's only been about 6 months that I've been at my goal weight, but so far so good. It really helped change all my food habits.
I think they are rolling out an online chat feature now, but I never used it for support. Seems like a great idea.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I lost 45 pounds with just the online program, no meetings. It really is just common sense, but I loved the convenience of it, and got some really great recipes out of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:12 PM
No, it endorsession unhealthy food as a healthy alternative. There is no real info in proper nutrition
MicheleJM
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:14 PM
Idk what they do now but I hated the point system. That was years ago though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:15 PM

Thank you.

I think it may worth it, it helps break some habits I have developed since getting married and having kids. Both killed my waistline (100% MY fault. ) lol..

Good luck keeping it off

Quoting Anonymous 2: I did/ do use the app. I it's only been about 6 months that I've been at my goal weight, but so far so good. It really helped change all my food habits. I think they are rolling out an online chat feature now, but I never used it for support. Seems like a great idea.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)