Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hemorragic stroke

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have suffered a hemorragic stroke or know soneone who has and are willing to share the story or experience  . My husband just suffered one a few days ago and im just looking for information from real people who have been through this . Looking for hope and wanting to know what to expect and how to prepare for whatever is to come . 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:06 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:07 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:11 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM

i had an ischemic stroke that cut off blood supply to the R lower lobe of my brain..my left side is partially paralyzed, and i'm emotionally out of control at times, and also suffer from PBA, psuedobulbar- affect - uncontrollable laughing or crying.  I woke up after 14hrs in bed, and felt as tho something was off....stroke not diagnosed til 8mos later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:20 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Thanks for sharing 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

i had an ischemic stroke that cut off blood supply to the R lower lobe of my brain..my left side is partially paralyzed, and i'm emotionally out of control at times, and also suffer from PBA, psuedobulbar- affect - uncontrollable laughing or crying.  I woke up after 14hrs in bed, and felt as tho something was off....stroke not diagnosed til 8mos later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:29 PM

My mother has suffered her first when she was a small child, 6 I believe, and has had a few since then.  She has a neurological disorder that causes AVMs in her brain, as well as cavernous angiomas.  She has some spots in her brain where her arteries connect directly to her veins (no capillaries) due to her disorder and she has an increased risk of bleeds. 

From the childhood stroke, she has mild loss of coordination on one side of her body but other than that, she has suffered no long term effects from her bleeds.  Other than symptoms at the time (dizziness, seizure, etc).  

I do hope your husband heals and you can find out what caused the problem.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:20 PM

It was uncontrolled high blood pressure . He wasn't taking his blood pressure medicine , they found no traces of it in his system . The Dr said that lots of men wont take it because it causes ED . Thanks for sharing 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

My mother has suffered her first when she was a small child, 6 I believe, and has had a few since then.  She has a neurological disorder that causes AVMs in her brain, as well as cavernous angiomas.  She has some spots in her brain where her arteries connect directly to her veins (no capillaries) due to her disorder and she has an increased risk of bleeds. 

From the childhood stroke, she has mild loss of coordination on one side of her body but other than that, she has suffered no long term effects from her bleeds.  Other than symptoms at the time (dizziness, seizure, etc).  

I do hope your husband heals and you can find out what caused the problem.  

darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:28 PM
How the person was affected, depends on what part if the brain was affected and how severe.

I have worked in health care a long time, so I have seen many strokes. My grandpa also suffered a stroke.

Some people can recover enough to walk, talk and function normal enough. And the other side of the fence is basically a vegative state.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)