• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family betrayal!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I am so angry at my sister and BIL right now!  They live very close (a couple blocks) to our mother who is getting along in years.  Both of our families are the same size (two young kids in both families).  My  sister is extremely manipulative and has my mom wrapped around her little finger.  She is constantly complaining to my Mom that their place is too small for her and her family which is totally not true.  My Mom has a nice home that we all grew up in and it is in a very nice neighborhood and worth a lot of money.  My sister always says she wishes she could live in that neighborhood but can't afford it.  Well, apparently, my sister worked her magic manipulation because she convinced my Mom to give her house up to my sister and her family!  What?  I was told this the other night when we all had dinner together.  Our mom is fully mobile and doing quite well for her age but my sisiter has her convinced that she needs to have somebody there 24/7 and it will be my sister and her family moving in.   Ugh!  I am so angry that my sister blind sided us like that and is just taking over and my Mom is allowing it!  My sister's plan is to build an extra room and bathroom for my Mom.  My Mom deserves to stay in her house not an added on room and have my sister's family taking over her house.  So angry about this now.  What would you do in this situation?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:12 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:12 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:13 PM

bump

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:14 PM
I would speak with my mother about it. And if she is not of sound mind, I would try to become poa.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:15 PM

what she said.

Quoting thenameshailie: I would speak with my mother about it. And if she is not of sound mind, I would try to become poa.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:15 PM
But is it possible that your mother knows this and is just lonely and this is just a small sacrifice for her and she gets it but thinks it's worth it? I
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:16 PM

if you are really concerned and not just pissed that you arent getting the house,call adult protective services and see what they tell you..

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:20 PM

I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Unless your mother is not of sound mind, there's nothing you can do. It's her house to do with what she pleases.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Is adult protective services even a thing? How many calls a day would they get from helicopter parents worried about their "babies"

Quoting quinnsmom715:

if you are really concerned and not just pissed that you arent getting the house,call adult protective services and see what they tell you..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)