Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is this so frowned upon? *S.O sort of*

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:38 PM
  • 83 Replies

I put my children first. 

I see it this way. My husband had a mother who put him first, and while he will grow old with me my kids only have a set amount of time being dependant. 

My kids are fed first (mind you they are toddlers) THEN my Husband THEN me. 

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I put my partner first and that is what seems frowned upon.
StoicLife
by Katerina on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband comes first in the sense that if we are whole as a couple, our family will be whole.
Smokeygirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
My toddler eats with us. We all eat together. My husband comes before my son because when my son leaves the house we need to have a relationship to fall back on.
ladybugrooke
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband comes first, however he believes I come first so WE collectively as a team put our children first.
Even seperated we are this way.
CinderellaLover
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean I DO go out on weekly dates... I am talking the sense that if someone were to go hungry it would be my husband and I, If someone went without new clothing it would be my husband and I in order to buy for the kids, if I had to save one person from a fire it would be my children. 

I guess people can take "Putting my husband first" in different ways. I always thought it meant that the kids go with out so the hubby could have stuff. 

Quoting thenameshailie: I put my partner first and that is what seems frowned upon.

Cmgmqmmom
1 mom liked this
I agree with this 100%.

Quoting StoicLife: My husband comes first in the sense that if we are whole as a couple, our family will be whole.
Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:45 PM
Right now while my children are toddlers they come first, as they get older and more independent my husband will come first

bakerytreatz412
2 moms liked this
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one who serves everyone's plate at the same time...

I've never thought about who to put first. My husband and children are equally important to me, there's never been an instance in which I had to put one before the other.

I don't know how to put one first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommylee321
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Tell him to suck it up and help you I did my husband first till we had 3 kids and I was eating cold dinner alone oh no i'm sorry. We feed our kids together each take a kid and the we eat together. I told my husband you help make them you help feed them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM
My family eats together at the same time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)