• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorced 3 1/2 years... sometimes it still stings

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:41 PM
  • 3 Replies

Was talking to my ex-husband, who I generally get along with as long as he is not being asked for money or about his extramarital affair.

He is telling me about his neighbor who is getting married - an arranged marriage (he's Korean).  I am saying to him, "Wow, that would be weird" and he says to me, "Better him than me," meaning getting married.

And I'm thinking to myself I know there were a couple things he really hated about me, but all in all did he hate marriage to me that bad?  I've looked around a lot since divorcing and I don't think our marriage was really any different, better or worse, than a lot of what I see.  I do see plenty of marriages that seems really happy, and i've seen plenty that seem miserable.  But I wouldn't say ours was either, it was sort of middle-of-the-road, with it's highs and lows, irritations and laughter.  It's so sad to think I was involved with someone who I brought such misery upon without fully realizing it until he decided to sleep with someone else.  It makes me feel I can never bring happiness to another person.

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Frances0923
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
He's an ass. You'll find someone else.
blessbest
by KristinMom on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:01 PM
I've been divorced for years from my ex. He has told DD that he never wants to get married again.

The truth is that he's gay and lives with his dad and does not want to come out to his dad.

I told Dd "that's ok, some people just don't like to be married".

The truth is there though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)