• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you give other moms a chance

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
My question is do you judge other moms at the playground by looks? Do you automatically dismiss a rugged, disheveled mom? Do you look to make friends with a mom similar to yourself?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Not on appearance, but I will judge the mom sitting on her phone while her little hell spawn shoves smaller kids, piles rocks under the slides, and dashes for the parking lot every few minutes.
We had a less than ideal time last trip to the playground, but I'd much rather see no makeup mom push her kid on the swing than ignore them and apply another coat of lipstick.
Bigmetalchicken
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:02 PM

I don't pay that much attention to other moms when I am out and about. I don't generally try and make friends when I am out with my kids. I have lots of interests and hobbies that offer me the chance to meet people to be friends with. Parental status is not even in the top ten when I am looking for friends.

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:04 PM
This..
If another parent has to pull your child off of someone because you're too busy on FB, you suck.
Little Jimmy probably wouldn't throw rocks at kids so much if you actually called him out on it.

Quoting oryxx31: Not on appearance, but I will judge the mom sitting on her phone while her little hell spawn shoves smaller kids, piles rocks under the slides, and dashes for the parking lot every few minutes.
We had a less than ideal time last trip to the playground, but I'd much rather see no makeup mom push her kid on the swing than ignore them and apply another coat of lipstick.
theTosh.O
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am drawn to people that aren't the most stylish, but still clean.

oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:06 PM
I have never seen someone so blasé about every other parent watching and disciplining their child. It was awful. He could have been very hurt several times, not including the time he tried to push my two year old and I wanted to smack him and his mom.

Quoting Ultrakiwi: This..
If another parent has to pull your child off of someone because you're too busy on FB, you suck.
Little Jimmy probably wouldn't throw rocks at kids so much if you actually called him out on it.

Quoting oryxx31: Not on appearance, but I will judge the mom sitting on her phone while her little hell spawn shoves smaller kids, piles rocks under the slides, and dashes for the parking lot every few minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't really pay attention to how other parents look, and I don't look to make friends in general in random places.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Yep. And polite.

Quoting theTosh.O:

I am drawn to people that aren't the most stylish, but still clean.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm there in my yoga pants, tshirt, with no make up on and I don't give a shit what anyone thinks of that.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM
I only make friends with moms similar to me
AvantGardener
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm pretty outgoing and will talk to just about anyone unless they smell or something. That being said, I usually know pretty early on if I want to talk to them again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)