Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son got a new shirt today and my mom thinks I'm cruel

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I had this ADHD shirt made for my son yesterday. And when I was telling my mom.about it she thought it was just awful I would make fun of him. My dad is also mad and he said it wasn't funny.

The way I see it, my son has adhd. Its something we all have to live with. The shirt was not to make fun of him but to embrace who he is. He struggles a lot and he gets told he talks 2 much by other kids. And he feels like an outcast some days. But I have always told him that's just part of who you are. You got to rock it. Nothing wrong with having ADHD. Lots of people have it and its a part of who they are. Own it, embrace it, rock it.

He was excited about the shirt. He thought it was cool and its part of his identity so to him that makes it special. I don't see why my parents are so pissed about it. They didn't even try to see it as positive. As making him feel special and important like he is. Like I always try to remind him.

I guess you can't please everyone :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barnowl73
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:12 PM
If its not upseting your son,then your parents can get over it. You are the mom not them.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:13 PM
If he likes it, your parents can get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:13 PM

I have no problem with the shirt.  But he should take note when kids say he talks too much- assuming he wants them to be his friends.  This is coming from a former "motor-mouth"

tattooedmama333
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:13 PM

This

Quoting barnowl73: If its not upseting your son,then your parents can get over it. You are the mom not them.

Smokeygirl
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I bought my brother that shirt for Christmas a few years ago :) I got my other brother a shirt that said "I don't have ADH... Ooooo shiny"
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:14 PM
It's very cruel and mean. I agree with your parents
LeilaBeansMom
2 moms liked this
I think the shirt and your attitude about the whole situation is awesome!!
aheasley
1 mom liked this

I love it. That is an waesome twist on ACDC shirt!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:15 PM

I think it's cool. Tell him to rock on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:15 PM
I have told him before to let other people get a chance to talk lol he forgets and thinks he's got to explain things in great detail. You should hear him talk Pokemon. Omg!!!

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have no problem with the shirt.  But he should take note when kids say he talks too much- assuming he wants them to be his friends.  This is coming from a former "motor-mouth"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)