Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so lame.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

But I also feel so good.

I'm 28, single, I don't have the kids tonight. I live in Phoenix, AZ, home of where the superbowl is tomorrow. I live downtown, walking distance to all of the excitement that is taking place. Tons of free and paid concerts, lots of people, just tons of partying and fun stuff to do. I could totally call a friend right now and have a blast. I should take advantage of living so close to everything. I should. I'm so torn.

I bought a bottle of wine, some cheese and chips, and a tub of ice cream. And I just want to cuddle up on my couch, by myself, and watch a movie. But I should not be lame and go out and have fun.

This guys, is why I will probably always be single. 

I am talking to a guy though. He has his son tonight. We've been talking for 4 months. I hope it goes well, because at the rate I am going, I will fall in love with my couch and live happily ever after alone. lol

I literally came home from work, took a shower, and I'm sitting in my robe with a glass of wine in my hand and the computer in my lap.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:17 PM
If take my couch and remote control over pretty much anything, any time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd take my couch and remote control over pretty much anything, any time.

are you married?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:19 PM
Yes, now. But even before I hated leaving my house. It's a wonder I ever er anybody.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd take my couch and remote control over pretty much anything, any time.

are you married?

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:20 PM

I love having a nice night in alone.

I used to do it when I was so glad all of the time. I lived 10 minutes from downtown Philadelphia too so there was always something going on.

I met my dh on the internet, I really am lazy, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:21 PM

haha! I'm talking to someone right now, but I don't know how serious it is. 

I work in a field where I could possibly meet some pretty successful people, so I guess there's that to fall back on. haha

I suppose meeting someone when I'm out on the town (and likely drunk) is probably not the best way to aim for quality anyways. haha

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, now. But even before I hated leaving my house. It's a wonder I ever er anybody.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

are you married?

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:21 PM
I love being alone! Right now I am sitting in the quiet. I was invited over to watch a movie at a friend's, but I am feeling good not moving from my chair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Hey neighbor I live in scottsdale :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:22 PM

Quoting Kenre: I love being alone! Right now I am sitting in the quiet. I was invited over to watch a movie at a friend's, but I am feeling good not moving from my chair.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Haha!

GirlRobie
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

If it was me, I'd totally be out having fun!  Forget about doing it to meet guys - go out with some friends and just have fun.  The Superbowl will only be in your hometown probably once in your lifetime... .  You can veg next time you don't have the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3: Hey neighbor I live in scottsdale :)

Hey!! I work in Scottsdale! Lots of stuff going on in your area too! Are you going out tonight?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)