Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We never took vows

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
When my husband and I married we didn't say vows, we didn't see the judge, we didn't even have rings.
I have no desire to have a wedding but I would love to say our vows. We were very young and only knew each other a month so every year I feel so blessed to have our life turn out this way.
How would you go about that? We have family in different states and no part of me wants all that goes into a wedding. I just want us to say the words, maybe in front our church or just local family. Idk, I think they have meaning and would like to share them but I am not sure it's possible with the whole "show"
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:10 PM
Have a small vow renewal.
prenatalRN
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:15 PM
I felt the same way but had a medium - is wedding at it was honestly the best day ever ever ever! Don't cheat yourself out of a day where everyone comes to celebrate you both. It will never happen again and it is really magical
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:17 PM
My family is in a different state than his so to have people come I would feel obligated to do more. Not sure we can have the vows without the idea of others feeling left out either way though.. Idk I really don't want it to be complicated, I want it for us. To say what our heart feels since we were youngn and dumb the first time:)
Maybe near a holiday or something when everyone is in town...

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: Have a small vow renewal.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:18 PM
Why don't you take a trip somewhere and do it there.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: My family is in a different state than his so to have people come I would feel obligated to do more. Not sure we can have the vows without the idea of others feeling left out either way though.. Idk I really don't want it to be complicated, I want it for us. To say what our heart feels since we were youngn and dumb the first time:)

ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:20 PM
That would be nice! Do we tell everyone or just do our own little renewal with our kids? I would be okay with not having the family there. It's not like they are missing something now it's been 11 years:)

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: Why don't you take a trip somewhere and do it there.

Quoting ELKmountain.mom: My family is in a different state than his so to have people come I would feel obligated to do more. Not sure we can have the vows without the idea of others feeling left out either way though.. Idk I really don't want it to be complicated, I want it for us. To say what our heart feels since we were youngn and dumb the first time:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Are you legally married?
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:43 PM
Yes

Quoting Anonymous 1: Are you legally married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Every year on our anniversary DH and I repeat our vows to each other.  Sometimes we do it at home, or in the church we got married in.  It's nothing big, just us and our kids.  If you really want to say them to each other, it doesn't have to be more than the two of you.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:47 PM
I'd do a destination vow renewal! Nobody would expect to come to that, it's absolutely beautiful, and it would be a really fun trip.
ELKmountain.mom
by Peepers on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:49 PM
I think that sounds great! We have a couple family trips planned and it would be nice when on vacation! It's always a happy time:)

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I'd do a destination vow renewal! Nobody would expect to come to that, it's absolutely beautiful, and it would be a really fun trip.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)