Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs I have a question UPDATE with answers, added insight.

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:51 PM
  • 86 Replies
So DH is a SAHD, he expects me to pay him $20+ a week for this. He's been a sahd for the 7 months. We've been married for 21 months. During our marriage he's only worked for 1 month. No he didn't pay me for the month I stayed home and he worked. DH has no finances of his own. All the income coming in is from me. I cover everything. Including his vises, he smokes hookah, cigars once in a while are alcohol. I'm 7¾months pregnant (still working) so I don't partake in any of this activities.

Any ways long story short, do you think I should back down and pay him $20+ a week?

UPDATE
I have a 2½yo, DS is not DHs biological son. He does tell everyone its his child though and has argued with anyone who says other words. The child I am carrying is his.

No he doesn't have access to the income on a regular basis. I've asked him if he wanted to set up a joint account he told me no.

I do the grocery shopping on my days off.

Hopefully this will answer any questions. Please feel free to ask for more information.

Added insight:
I realize this entire thing is stupid, I guess my biggest issue is the fact that he demands money. It makes me feel like an ATM. Yes, I've told him this before and get no where with it. I think the whole fight is more about my self-esteem rather finances.
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Wtf did I just read??!!
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Ummm.....are you serious? Lol
PrincessKarma
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM

What??? For what though???? What does he feel he can do with 20 extra dollars that you are not already helping him with. I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't expect to get paid to be a SAHM from my husband either.

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM

You guys are really fighting over $20? Give him $20.

Mamajustice92
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:53 PM
Well I mean you're not obligated snd if he I'd acting like you owe him to take care of his own kods...hell no
He's their dad

That being said it is nice that my husband will give me cash so I'm mot broke. But he doesn't do it cuz I'm a sahm he does it cuz he doesn't want me moneyless especially being out n about

And our bank accounts are linked so I always have access to the money...

But I don't suggest that route with your dh. Especially since he's acting like you owe him
Sisteract
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Do you have any kids that he has attended for the last 7 mos?

If not, he is unemployed.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 PM
Why would you pay him? Do you not have equal access to the money?
slw123
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 PM

He should have pocket money to spend on things he wants to do.  If $20 a week is all he wants, be thankful.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Pay him? Maybe he'sjust asking for $20  a week for spending money. I don't know what else to make of this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:54 PM
Uhh...I'm not sure what to say, really. Are you being serious?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)