• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/o and money

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Do you share your income with you s/o? Is it evenly both your money in a joint account making sure everyone's needs are met or is the money you earn yours?

I ask because I see a lot of posts about stay at home parents and how they are broke and their s/o won't give them any money. Was this not discussed prior to becoming a sahp?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:02 PM
Well we're married & everything we have is joint so no clue about what others do.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:02 PM
We have joint checking and savings. And his name has even been added to my trust fund account, so that's officially both of ours too.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Everything is joint for us...my name is on everything his is on- all investments, all bank accounts, all bills...etc..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Twiceblessedmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:06 PM
All income is considered ours. It was when we both worked and I made more, when he made more, and since being a SAHM. Joint accounts, total access.
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:08 PM

I recently started working again.

When I was a sahm my dh's income was direct deposit into our account.

Now that I'm working my check goes into the same account. So all of the money is in there, we don't split it up. It works well for us.

I know a few couples who have their own accounts and it works very well for the.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:10 PM
Everything's joint, but I pay all the bills and tell him what's left and then we'll split it.
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:12 PM
Everything is in shared accounts. I manage our budget.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:14 PM

We don't share income. In my marriage, there definitely is such a thing as my money and his money.

Each takes care of certain bills, each pays for their own car, we contribute a previously agreed upon amount for big purchases, vacations, fun and the alike to one savings account that is only used for that, and whatever is left over of our paychecks belongs to the one who earned it to spend as we please. It works for us. We never fight about money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:19 PM
If you were to get laid off or need a little extra money for one reason or another would your s/o help you out?

Quoting Sister_Someone:

We don't share income. In my marriage, there definitely is such a thing as my money and his money.

Each takes care of certain bills, each pays for their own car, we contribute a previously agreed upon amount for big purchases, vacations, fun and the alike to one savings account that is only used for that, and whatever is left over of our paychecks belongs to the one who earned it to spend as we please. It works for us. We never fight about money.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:20 PM
I control the money and do not work. He has no clue what our bills really are. It's not a secret he's just not interested.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)