• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can someone help me make sense of this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
My husband and I were separated for 3 weeks. That's it. And in that time he had an affair. They didn't go all the way but pretty damn close. He's in basic training now and will be for the next 8 weeks. He wants to stay with me and swears he's sorry and he is gonna be different and would do anything to keep me. The only reason I found out everything was because the girl told me because she felt bad when she found everything out.

She told me he was gonna have her over and cook her a candlelight dinner. (He can barely make Mac and cheese in a box) he bought her things. He's never even cooked me dinner much less done something like that. I was so heart broken. It makes me sick to think of him touching another woman and that she touched him. He begged her to let him go down on her because he wanted to please her. He barely EVER goes down on me. My heart hurts and I'm so pissed. I told him before he left I don't know what I was planning to do. I'm still so angry.

I guess what I need help with is why he would do those things for her I never got. And how do marriages recover from this? I don't know how to let go of it. I'm so angry and so hurt.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:25 PM
I'm also 28 weeks pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:28 PM

"all the way"?  are you 18?

Gianna2014
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Your DH is an ass. I wouldn't give him another chance to hurt you again when someone new comes along.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Did you marry young?  Has it been very long?  It sounds to me that he never felt the need to woo (I don't even know how to spell that word) you.  Do you know why that would be? 

woodswalker
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:31 PM

Sorry, I have no advice.   I could never stay with a cheater.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah, I'd be not even talking to his ass while he's gone. Think about what YOU want. Do what you want to do. If he's going to do this shit now, he will later too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't stay with someone who did that. Period. 

How old are you?

JanineDeer
by Janine on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:33 PM

I really do not know what to say.  But I'm sorry.    I will never figure men out.  I am heartbroken for you.

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:36 PM

my marriage wouldn't recover from that. i refuse to stay with a cheater

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:40 PM
Yes we did. At 18. I'm 20 now. And I'm not sure.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Did you marry young?  Has it been very long?  It sounds to me that he never felt the need to woo (I don't even know how to spell that word) you.  Do you know why that would be? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)