Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom is acting like a crazy b****ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
I told my mom I wanted to try to give her some money to help her out as long as I'm OK financially. Well, some unexpected expenses have come up that my mom knows about and she's still demanding the money I offered her.

Um....she knows I said I would help her IF I could. She knows about these last unexpected expenses. I have 2 children that I provide for with no help from anyone. No I'm not patting myself on the back, but why can't she see this?

What she doesn't know is that I am OK, but now I just don't want to help her. I know that sounds awful, but I don't know how else to say it. I talked to my sister earlier and she informed me that my mom is taking a trip this week with her husband (not my dad). You're demanding money from me and you're taking a trip? My sister also said my mom is flipping out because she's stressing about money. THEN DON'T TAKE THE TRIP!!!!!

Now my mom has sent me all kinds of text messages filled with her drama and is ignoring me. I kind of just want to give her the money just to keep the peace. But a huge part of me doesn't want to give in.

ETA Pg 4 she sent me bad text messages, and is ignoring my 1 attempt to contact her. To top it off she refuses to help me with my grieving.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Bump
nahlielove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:47 PM
Is it money you owe her? Or just to help out?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd just stop giving her money completely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:49 PM
Just to help out.

Quoting nahlielove: Is it money you owe her? Or just to help out?
fallingstars13
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't give in, if she's so strapped for cash why is she taking a trip any where when that money could be going to something really important.

nahlielove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Then I would tell her if she can afford a vacation she isn't in any financial distress. Screw that.
CStarz
by Rabble Rouser on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Never offer something you may not be able to deliver on- it never ends well. Sorry she's being crazy and maybe she doesn't deserve it but in her mind you offered therefore you should deliver. Better to randomly hand someone some cash if you know they need help and you can than to make an 'if' promise- no one hears the if, ever.  At this point- what's better not giving the money and not talking to her and dealing with the drama or giving it to her, ending the drama and being wiser next time? Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)