• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm scared... what's going to happen??

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:56 PM
  • 26 Replies

Tomorrow I will be 30 weeks and the closer this gets, the more scared I become. I know NOTHING about newborns lol. So I was browsing facebook trying to get my mind off of it and saw this picture. Just curious, how many of you did/felt the same way as this picture? I just know this will be me.

baby development

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacher-mom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Every mom was a first time mom. You'll be fine.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Relax. You'll do fine. Just breathe, don't freak out and let nature take its course. If you're still scared a parenting class would do you well.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM
Yep, I couldn't give they let me leave with DS. It was surreal.
Kay786
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:00 AM
lol. I'm currently pregnant with my first, as well, although I'm way behind you, only 9 weeks! I am terrified, too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM
You mean a "who the heck left *US* in charge?" moment?...

We all have them . lol
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Lol I felt so weird trying to hold my daughter when they first handed her to me. You are not alone! :) you will be fine! It's a steep learning curve, you'll be a pro before you know it!
piperhalliwell1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM
It was a little overwhelming, and I got zero sleep for the first three days but I had a good support system, and my mom showed up for a few weeks, we made it. He's ten now!
.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM

I felt the same way you did. I had never even babysat a child before having my DD. I read the book "what to expect the first year" like a bible.

BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM
Absolutely felt that way! But let me just say, INSTINCT is a beautiful thing. Trust it.
.strawberry.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM

I remember when I was in the hospital after having DD, and the nurses took her into the other room so I could get some sleep. They were gone for 4 hours and that bit of sleep felt like 5 minutes. When the nurse came back, she said DD slept the whole time. I remember asking her, "How did you get her to sleep?" with practically a notepad and pen in hand. LOL 

The first 3 months are the worst. No sleep. Sometimes I really thought I couldn't do it. Now she's 6!  You're going to be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)