Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have you ever felt.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

...like everyone in your life would be better off without you?  Have you ever seriously weighed the options of taking the hand full of pills or waiting to see if tomorrows any better?

What did you do? (answers associated with things other than god are greatly appreciated)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:19 AM
Yeah I have felt like that. But instead of doing it, I talked to someone that cared. And now I am glad I didn't because things got so much better.
wamom223
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:21 AM

I was very young but knew someone that had so I got help.

Sometimes things get overwhelming and you need to reach out and that is okay.  In today's world there are so many options to get help and if I was ever in that position that is what I would do.  My mother dated someone who's ex wife committed suicide while they were dating.  He got custody very quickly and unexpectedly so he and my mother bought a house together and I saw first hand how it devastated those children.  Please get help.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:22 AM

Where was someone that cared?  I'm stronger than most but it's been a struggle lately.

Quoting dragonborn: Yeah I have felt like that. But instead of doing it, I talked to someone that cared. And now I am glad I didn't because things got so much better.

Toastedmarshmel
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:25 AM
I think thats hardly ever the case. You are here for a reason.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:25 AM
It was my boyfriend at the time. Later on I realized he was emotionally abusive and the reason I felt like that.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Where was someone that cared?  I'm stronger than most but it's been a struggle lately.

Quoting dragonborn: Yeah I have felt like that. But instead of doing it, I talked to someone that cared. And now I am glad I didn't because things got so much better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Yes I have felt like that. In my darkest hours what got me through was thoughts of what it would do to my children if I went through with it. The feelings passed and things got better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:27 AM
Honestly i know how much it would hurt my kids and i can't stand to see the sad/cry..So I just keep on keeping on
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:28 AM
Yup. I sat on the floor of my bathroom staring at an unopened bottle of 100 750mg vicodin pills, and half a bottle of raspberry vodka. For hours, debating. Thankfully, my best friend, now husband, would not leave me alone because he knew something was wrong, just by the way I was answering his texts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I've seriously weighed the option of taking all the pills, have over-dosed, and ended up in a psychiatric hospital. Whether I'm here or not, life would obviously go on for my loved ones. I believe they'd even understand because they know the terror of my illness. They'd still be horribly hurt and I don't want to do that to them. You won't get any preaching from me because if the Christian god exists, I think he's a dick. 

I'm still alive because my illness hasn't taken me yet. I will continue to fight for my life because as much as it can suck, I love life, I love waking up and seeing the sun/daylight, I love watching the moon rise, I love my animals, I love my family (not necessarily in that order) :)

I don't think anyone would be better off without me. They'd be fine without me. I'm not that damn important. lol But better off? Nah I like to be here for my kids and even when I'm not right in my head, I believe they're still glad I'm here. Sometimes we get clouded thinking and forget the support and love we offer to those few people in our lives who value us. 

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:30 AM
No, and it breaks my heart to read some of the responses on here. Hugs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)