Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I crazy??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I get odd and violent images in my head. They're bizarre and I know in my mind that I'll never do these things, but they can be frightening. I'm too embarrassed to talk to my family about them. I'm always afraid someone is going to kidnap my kid. I'm afraid people don't like me and that they talk about me. Then it's all I can think about so I'm constantly worrying. I'm afraid if my child runs he'll break his leg or loose his teeth. I'm afraid that our cat is going to bite his eye out. I'm afraid to drive in the middle lane of a road or to turn into the turning lane. I feel like my whole body starts working faster especially my hurt and lungs. I stress over the littlest things. Like if I'm not home by 5:20 then I can't cook supper, so I get takeout then stress over how unhealthy it is. I'm on a pretty strict schedule and I feel like nothing is right in my life if I run behind that schedule. It's something that I've noticed about me my whole life but since becoming a mother it really bothers me now. I somehow associated the way I acted with my age when I was younger, like it was how all teenagers act. I get frustrated and irritable very easily. My aunt is the one who suggested I go to a doctor, she says I'm too young for menopause. Maybe it's anxiety? I'm in my late 20s so it's definitely not "the change".

What is wrong with me?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:47 AM
I have an appontment with my PCP tomorrow. Is this too much to throw at him? I feel so overwhelmed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:49 AM
:S
nonyobizniz
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Life can get hectic
Being in control is a coping mechanism.

You're a control freak, it's ok, we need to be.
We are mom's
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:51 AM
This is true. ^^
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:53 AM
I'm the same way. It's probably anxiety. I have severe anxiety. I can sit and think of the most horrible scenerios, like something happening to my kids or me and will freak myself out. I'm also very irritable. Like I'm always on edge. its kinda like that feeling when your running late, or waiting nervously for something to happen and your adrenalin is pumping so you get easily annoyed. Yeah I'm like that 90% of the time. It sucks. I've been treated on and off. It helps. I'm just not in anything at the moment.
FrumpyPigSkin
by Don't Burn The Pig on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:53 AM
It's sounds like anxiety but I'm no medical professional. Be honest with your doctor and if you don't feel they are listening to you, find another doctor. Hugs mama. You're braver than you think for even going to the doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Are those normal thoughts? Do any of you think things like that and get paranoid so easily?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:56 AM

How old is your kid? It sounds like me when I had PPD. AKA Post Natal Anxiety and Depression. Glad you're going in. I had it in my early 20's it was rough, but I got help and I am doing better now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Exactly! I feel like it makes me a bad mom because I a lot of the times I just can't sit and play with my son like he wants me to. Or I'll lose my temper over him getting excited and forgetting there's applesause on his spoon and it goes flying across the room. It shouldn't that way,

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm the same way. It's probably anxiety. I have severe anxiety. I can sit and think of the most horrible scenerios, like something happening to my kids or me and will freak myself out. I'm also very irritable. Like I'm always on edge. its kinda like that feeling when your running late, or waiting nervously for something to happen and your adrenalin is pumping so you get easily annoyed. Yeah I'm like that 90% of the time. It sucks. I've been treated on and off. It helps. I'm just not in anything at the moment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:57 AM
Just turned 2.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

How old is your kid? It sounds like me when I had PPD. AKA Post Natal Anxiety and Depression. Glad you're going in. I had it in my early 20's it was rough, but I got help and I am doing better now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)