Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to pull my hair out!!!

Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
I posted a while back about my kids never doing what they are told in the morning and me having to constantly yell hurry up do this do that where are your shoes? Why aren't you dressed? Its always something.

I've started sending them to bed at 7. Waking them up at 5:30. I lay their clothes out. I match socks and shoes.

This morning they got up at 5 because my husband made eggs and sausage for breakfast for them. By 6:30 they had not finished breakfast, my son couldn't find his jacket and the bus was coming down the hill.

These kids drive me nearly to tears every damn day. Yesterday I went to find tight for dd and could not find a single pair. Not a pair. She's undone all her hairbows. Lost 3 hair brushes. I can never find the shoes I need when I look for them. During my weekly search of her room I found half her clean clothes and all her dirty clothes from the past few days under her bed. Along with candy wrappers and toys she was suppose to put up. Still can't find any tights. I did however find 3 half eaten cookies in her desk and we have a strict no eating any where but the table rule.
This has been a struggle.with her for years now. Years!!! She's almost 6. I'm constantly replacing clothes and socks and toys because she has lost so many things. Right now she doesn't even have anything in her room but her TV and bed and a beanbag.

My son who is 8 wakes up chipper. He starts running his mouth the second he wakes up. He flops around the house flailing his arms around his head. He sneaks into his room to watch TV while he's suppose to be putting on shoes or brushing his teeth or hair. Neither knew where their jackets were this morning. He couldn't shut up long enough to finish breakfast and I had to go jerk a jacket out of his closet as the bus was coming down the hill.

I have a 13 month old who wants breakfast as soon as his eyes open. He needs a diaper and a sippy cup and I shouldn't have to be constantly screaming at the older Kids. I do everything but put their clothes on them every morning. I'm about ready to explode I'm so angry with them. Nothing I'm doing is working. My 6 year old is so lazy she can't even be counted on to put her clothes up and then when I ask where something is all she can do is cry and flop around like a fish.

Help me keep my sanity!!!! I need a fucking miracle.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:47 AM
I don't think they should have a tv in their room. Anyway, what do you do when your dd does all of this?
by Spoiled SAHM on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:49 AM
I'd remove those tv's for starters..
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:51 AM
I do not know. I lose my own shoes several times a day.
by Maynard's Bitch on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
I answered this before. Take them to school as they are ONE time. DO throw their shoes in a bag- that's all they'll really need. I think you'll have some changed kids the next morning. If it takes a few more times for one or both of them b/c they want to test you, then do it. This isn't a joke. I had to do this to my dd when she was 8 or 9; she hasn't been a problem since then. You've tried and tried and it's driving you nuts. Time to let them take responsibility and face REAL consequences.
by Katie on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:55 AM

You need a daily routine. The same thing needs to happen at the same time every day. Coats and shoes need a home and should be put there as soon as they are removed. Making a chart that the kids can mark on as they complete each activity may also help.

Also, if the televisions are causing issues, remove them.

CafeMom Tickers
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM
3 moms liked this
Get rid of the tvs and set a timer on breakfast. They get twenty minutes and then you're throwing away whatever's left. Time everything they do and take them to school without socks and with raggedy hair if you must. They'll learn.
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:05 AM

When they come home from school, have them put coats and shoes in a specific place (closet, etc) so they are there the next morning.  Have them help pick out what they want to wear the night before and put those clothes in a certain spot.

Hairbrushes go in the bathroom after they are used. Then they are there when they are needed. 

I'd also get rid of the TVs. I find it odd that you took most things out of your daughter's room, but you left her TV in there?

by LMAO on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:07 AM
Get rid of the TV and get a schedule and stick to it.
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:08 AM
Usually I start hyperventilating...

Quoting thenameshailie: I don't think they should have a tv in their room. Anyway, what do you do when your dd does all of this?
by Diamond Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:11 AM

Unplug the TV. If they don't finishe their breakfast, make them go to school hungry. If they sit in school hungry enough, they will get the picture and start eating when it's time. If you lay out their clothes, then that is what they will wear. If your daughter takes her hair down, make her to go school with it messy, eventually she will stop if the other children say something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)