Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More African American History!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Charlize Theron is a South African and American actress and fashion model. She rose to fame in the late 1990s following roles in the films The Devil's Advocate, Mighty Joe Young, and The Cider House Rules. Theron received critical acclaim for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster, for which she won the Silver Bear, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Academy Award all for Best Actress, among several other accolades, becoming the first South African to win an Academy Award in a major acting category. In recent years, she has moved into the field of producing, both in television and film. She received further Academy Award and Golden Globe Award nominations for her performance in North Country in 2005, and a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance in Young Adult in 2011. In 2012, she appeared in Snow White & the Huntsman and Prometheus, both of which were box office successes. Theron became a U.S. citizen in 2007, while retaining her South African citizenship.

Charlize Theron, South Africa

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I'm waiting for the shit to hit the fan on this one.  It will be entertaining.

Gypsy.Scribe
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I wouldn't really consider her a historical figure...but I see what you're attempting to do here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM
Duh...she's not black, so she obviously doesn't count!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM

As a teenager actress Charlize Theron witnessed her mother shooting her father dead in their home and now 21 years later the property in South Africa has again become the scene of a killing.

Owner Barry Newland was tortured and murdered at the house in Benoni, near Johannesburg, last Friday by a gang of five burglars. 

In 1991, the Oscar-winning actress watched as her mother, Gerda Maritz, killed her father Charles after he pulled a gun on the pair after returning home drunk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2212682/Charlize-Therons-childhood-home-scene-brutal-murder-21-years-mother-killed-abusive-father-self-defence.html#ixzz3QnhF28AE 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM
I love her. She was magnificent in Monster. She's so gorgeous especially in the Dior advertisemnet.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:02 PM
She does. She's African American

Quoting Anonymous 3: Duh...she's not black, so she obviously doesn't count!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM
I don't see how she's historically relevant, but I get the message you're sending with this.
armywifey1983
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM

I love her! She was a riot in A Million Ways to Die in the West. I wish she did more comedies.

GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:03 PM
Okay, not what I was expecting but nonetheless I am grateful to learn something new today, thank you again for your ambitious dedication to this project. I will look forward to each day's entry.
Gypsy.Scribe
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)