Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ask for compensation?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
We moved February 1, my phone and internet were scheduled to be set up the next day. When the technical arrived, I was upstairs. He knocked once and didn't even give me enough time to answer. I called and the lady assured me my services would be set up by 5 pm. 5 came and went, no services. I called and was told the tech was here but no one answered the door. I explained what happened, she told me they'd get another day set up.
I JUST got the call saying they can't come until the 10th!
Should I be asking them to compensate my bill for the days that I have been without service?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:37 PM
They shouldn't start billing until you actually have service so if they do charge, I would complain.
sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:38 PM
For them to actually pay you when you didn't have service? No way.

But they better prorate your bill to the date you had service installed and not a full month.
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

You missed the scheduled appt. Your fault not theirs.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:40 PM

Considering they're not billing you right now, there isn't really anything to compensate..

It SUCKS, absolutely.

But what you're saying, is that you think THEY should PAY you for not having their service..  That's different than being compensated for a service that isn't working properly/etc..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
No, I did not. I was home. The tech should've given me longer than 10 damn seconds to get to my door.

Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:41 PM
No, they're billing me. I asked if I was being charged for services right now, and they said yes.

Quoting KristenFowles:

Considering they're not billing you right now, there isn't really anything to compensate..

It SUCKS, absolutely.

But what you're saying, is that you think THEY should PAY you for not having their service..  That's different than being compensated for a service that isn't working properly/etc..

Beachdeprived
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:41 PM

If you are already being billed for the service, I would ask for reimbursement. If you are not being billed, then No...you can't ask them to pay for something you do not have in the first place.

ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM

I get it but why not open a window and yell for him to wait or go out and catch him. That's the way it is. :(

Quoting Anonymous 1: No, I did not. I was home. The tech should've given me longer than 10 damn seconds to get to my door.
Quoting ILovemyPaulie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM
I am being billed.

Quoting Beachdeprived:

If you are already being billed for the service, I would ask for reimbursement. If you are not being billed, then No...you can't ask them to pay for something you do not have in the first place.

danie24
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:43 PM
They can't charge you for no service. LOL

What's the company?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)