Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never told him we have a DD.. HE CONTACTED ME

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

oh wow.. so I havn't been on for a few days.. If you remember my other posts you remember that i never told my ex we had a DD who is 9 now, and she has been asking alot of questions etc.. so i contacted his sister and she told him to contact me.. AND HE HAS!

He actually called me late last night, I almost didn't answer the phone but I did.. it was a tad bit akward to say the least but it was not about me it was about DD, and I slowly told him that basically I had found out I was pregnant shortly after the break up and that I didn't feel he was in the position to be a father, and the fact he does not like kids even.. and he took it suprisingly well.. 

He did tell me he wished he'd knowen sooner, and that he is in shock.  He also added he would need time to think this whole thing over, and think of what the next step should be,  he did however ask me for a DNA test and agreed to cover the cost, and said once DNA is confirmed we will go from there.. I agree with his wishes and will be doing it though I know 100% he is the father.

He did see some pictures of DD from his sister and agree's he looks like him, and he said he is unsure what type of role he'd like to play in her life if at all, He is in shock is his main thing... He said he doesn't blame me for not telling him about DD as he was a huge ass and selfish and only cared about his next fix back then,  he asked questions about her faviorte things, grades etc and he was happy when he learned she loved some of the bands songs.. he said she sounds amazing and we will just wait for the Dna test as i said above before proceeding.. 

I will update when something else happens Friday we are supposed to be going to the clinic to give DD sample and he will go where he is and hopefully we have the results within a week..

Thank you all for your support and advice :)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna.June
by Pigpen on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Glad he took it well. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:40 PM

I know I am so relieved :)

Quoting Donna.June: Glad he took it well. :)

sweetsmom_23
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Wow good luck. do you have an idea of what role you want him to have in her life?
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Good luck to you! I"m glad to hear that he took it so well and is thinking about the next step and how he wants to fit into her life.

fallingstars13
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:47 PM

At least he sounds like he's being very mature over this, I mean he could have completely freaked on you. Him asking about your dd seems like a good sign though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM
Similar happened to me, but he turned into an asshole when out was confirmed he was the father..... We have no contact now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:50 PM
What bands songs?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Depending on what kind of time he'd like to take .. If he is really committed to hands on I think we would tell her he is dad, if not than maybe as "uncle"

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Good luck to you! I"m glad to hear that he took it so well and is thinking about the next step and how he wants to fit into her life.

real_mom_of_713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:53 PM
Thats great. Best wishes to you and your dd future :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 2:53 PM
sorry quotes the wrong person response is below :)

Quoting sweetsmom_23: Wow good luck. do you have an idea of what role you want him to have in her life?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)