Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with any form of BI Polar

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM
  • 14 Replies
Do you work? If you do, was it easy for you to get the job? I have been applying like crazy. Obviously I don't tell them I have Bi Polar.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:13 PM
Maybe I make to big of a deal of everything dealing the hire process.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:15 PM
I do not work, I have not worked in 10 years.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:15 PM
No I don't, I am privileged enough to be able to stay at home. I can get a job, I proved that to myself over the summer when I went on an interview and was hired after two extensive interviews.
Fairegirl33
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:18 PM

my husband is bipolar and has always worked a normal job.  why would you tell them ?

can you not work a full day or other issues that you would need to tell them ?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:18 PM
I stay at home now, but before I was was dental assistant. I didn't have trouble getting or keeping the job until choosing to be a housewife.
casah4
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM
I don't at the moment but when I did, I had no problems getting hired. I don't reveal my diagnosis. I also never list my medications on the emergency forms. It's easy to put two and two together with the meds I'm on to figure out what I'm being treated for.
beco8627
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:25 PM
I don't work outside of the home, but I run a daycare out of my home...obviously having to interact with people. My clients know I am bipolar. It doesn't come up until we are very comfortable with each other though...if I were to work outside of the home, nobody needs to know I have bipolar.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Yes I do work and I have always worked since before I can remember. I have had trouble getting jobs but I don't know if it is because of the bipolar or what. Good luck. I hope the right job comes along for you soon.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:42 PM

I wouldn't tell them. I would tell them I am on medication for a drug test.I am in a rut right now. I have a friend with Bi Polar and she brought up that a lot of people who are Bi Polar end up losing their jobs for not going to work. I just was curious if it was the usual for people with Bi polar have a job.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

my husband is bipolar and has always worked a normal job.  why would you tell them ?

can you not work a full day or other issues that you would need to tell them ?

imandia4
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:45 PM

What about drug tests? Or being a driver, which I am considering.

Quoting casah4: I don't at the moment but when I did, I had no problems getting hired. I don't reveal my diagnosis. I also never list my medications on the emergency forms. It's easy to put two and two together with the meds I'm on to figure out what I'm being treated for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)