Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I tried to be a vegetarian/vegan...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I stopped eating meat for 3 months because I don't like animal cruelty, but I was craving for a burger (with actual meat, not tofu burger) and then I stopped at Five Guys after work and ate me a burger. I don't like animal cruelty, but burger with meat is so tasty and I prefer it over tofu burger. I don't know...

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Why not buy from a farmer locally?
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:50 PM
I don't like animal cruelty either. But I don't see eating animals as a cruelty, it's what we're meant to do. Humans are omnivores. You can buy meat from sources that aren't cruel to animals.
PeppermintyTea
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:50 PM
Ok
TheNamelessDoll
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Quoting momto2boys973: I don't like animal cruelty either. But I don't see eating animals as a cruelty, it's what we're meant to do. Humans are omnivores. You can buy meat from sources that aren't cruel to animals.

This is what I was going to say too.

cybcm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM
Why don't you buy meat from a local farm where you know how the animals are treated?

Also, kidney bean patties are far superior to tofu patties.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM
I've been vegetarian for over 20 years and there is no way I would eat a tofu burger. There are MUCH better vegetarian options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Why not be vegetarian most of the time but when you feel the craving for meat buy more ethically raised and slaughtered meat?

edit to add: tvp based burgers are much closer in texture to beef that might satisfy the craving.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)