Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have the mean old man neighbor...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

He yells at the kids to get off his lawn.  He built up bushes right on his side of the lawn so the kids know where the line is....but sometimes a ball might fly over.  Then he yells.  My DS (11) and DD (12) went over a few months ago and offered to do some yardwork for him...or anythng else he needed.  He told them to go away.

It really is too bad.  I feel bad for him.  I know his wife died a few years back.  He has a son who never visits.  I wish we could make friends with him.  I thought about taking him plates of food.  I never really see him leave.

But now...my kids are scared to death of him. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM
Fuck that. Let him rot. Anyone who treated my kids like that wouldn't be getting a pity party from me
PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:23 PM

Maybe invite him over for dinner?

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:25 PM

there are far far worse neighbors to have, i'd take that guy for a neighbor any day of the week and twice on sunday!

pinktardis
by Pinky on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM
We had the same old guy neighbor! He would yell at all of the kids for going anywhere near his yard. He was constantly calling the cops when the neighborhood kids played on the street, until the police threatened him for wasting their time. It was kind of sad, I always felt sorry for him. He was actually quite nice to me but I usually left him alone.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Just leave the old man alone. He doesn't want to be bothered. 

Connie04
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM
Maybe he's a jerk or maybe he is hurt & angry and has been for years. It's hard to tell, but I like a previous response of asking him to dinner. You can always try!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I'd rather have him than our neighbor who just died. He was a hoarder, both stuff and animals. Since they've been cleaning out his house, whatever creepy crawlies were in there are migrating to all us neighbors, and we are all dealing with infestations of roaches, mice and fleas. He has like 15 dogs in his house, and they have taken at least 10 truckloads of crap out. It's literally like an episode of "Hoarding: Buried Alive." They are wearing the protective gear, and gas masks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:29 PM

I know.  And we don't bother him.  The kids have stepped foot on his lawn maybe 3-4 times in the last year.  I just feel like maybe he is lonely.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Just leave the old man alone. He doesn't want to be bothered. 

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:40 PM

We had a neighbor like that growing up, my mom still kept on being nice and eventually she relaxed a little. SHe eventually grew to love me and my sister, but she was a grumpy ass!

rockymtngirl
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this
You're an ass. He is probably lonely and alone. Have a little compassion.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Fuck that. Let him rot. Anyone who treated my kids like that wouldn't be getting a pity party from me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)