Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training advice for first time mom

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok momma's what worked for you. Dd is just 2 and this week had started wanting to sit on the potty with books. I am excited and wondering what I can do to continue to encourage her. Also should I use pull ups?
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:33 PM
No pull ups except maybe at night. You might have to do a bit more laundry take her to the store and let her pick out her big girl panties
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM

No, No, No pull ups. 

This is just the beginning and she may not truly be ready but this is certainly a good sign.  If ready to potty train like full blown all diapers go away except for bed or nap.  Undies 100% of the time regardless of how many accidents she has. 

Sit on the potty for 1-3 minutes or until something happens every 20mins.  Lots of good trys for nothing, lots of we will make it next time for accidents and lots of jumping up and down for getting it.

You want to do this when you do not have to leave your house for about 3 days.  By the 3rd day you will know she is totally getting this or no way in heck she isn't ready yet. 

Lagoona
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 6:40 PM

We would offer to paint her toe nails if she used the potty.

Shadesgirl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Yes I thought about putting her in training pants or panties. I am not sure Since she hasn't actually gone in the potty yet. Then there is the matter of bm's. Hmmm good ideas though 😊

Quoting fullxbusymom:

No, No, No pull ups. 

This is just the beginning and she may not truly be ready but this is certainly a good sign.  If ready to potty train like full blown all diapers go away except for bed or nap.  Undies 100% of the time regardless of how many accidents she has. 

Sit on the potty for 1-3 minutes or until something happens every 20mins.  Lots of good trys for nothing, lots of we will make it next time for accidents and lots of jumping up and down for getting it.

You want to do this when you do not have to leave your house for about 3 days.  By the 3rd day you will know she is totally getting this or no way in heck she isn't ready yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)