Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't BELIEVE she said that!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I'm pregnant because dh's vasectomy failed. It's ok, we're happy-ish. This will be our 6th child. He came into our marriage with 2, who I have adopted and they're ours. 2 are adopted through foster care, they're bio siblings. Our youngest was an infant adoption. We told our families about this pregnancy over the weekend. Today, my older sister stopped by and told me, in front of our kids, "congrats on finally becoming a real mom and having a kid that's really yours."

Jaw meet floor. WTF?!?! I have no idea what she was thinking. When I told her this would be my 6th child, she just laughed and shook her head and said I didn't have to keep pretending, and didn't have to take other people's kids as mine. I threw her out. I don't think I'll ever be able to talk to her again. What a b*tch!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kay786
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you. What she said was uncalled for and insensitive. Glad you stuck up for your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Omg that's horrible!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:38 PM
There really wasn't anything else I would or could do. They're mine, regardless of how I became their mother. It just shocked me because she's never said anything like this before.

Quoting Kay786: I don't blame you. What she said was uncalled for and insensitive. Glad you stuck up for your kids.
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:41 PM
Wow. That was incredibly insensitive of her.

Does she have children?
annezeiler
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

That'd be the last time she visited... 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM
I don't want to believe you. That's awful.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM
She sounds like an idiot!
katydid150
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM

What a twatwaffle. I would have a hard time forgiving that. 

Congrats!

elfling811
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this
She would be dead to me. I don't have any adopted kids because one kid is all I can handle. But, if I had any adopted kids, they would be MY kids. It doesn't matter and she is a bitch. Congrats on the new baby!

My step dad adopted me when I was 10. I am totally a daddy's girl. He has never treated me as less than a daughter. We celebrate our adoption anniversary every Dec. 24. I had a very good Christmas that year. I got a daddy. I have a special place in my heart for step-parents that adopt their step-kids. ūüėä
moon4am22
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM

im glad you stuck up for your kids. sadly there are people in the world that think like that and your sis is one of them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)