Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Aunt was just diagnosed with Alzheimer's!!

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM
  • 18 Replies
She's in her early 60's, she was on her way to work one day and got lost! Mind you she's been doing this for like 30 years...
I'm heart broken for her, and my Uncle.
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theboyfactory
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM
Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease. We have to watch our loved ones get stolen away while they stand right in front of us. :(

I'm so sorry. I've been through this and it is hard.
txrebel
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:19 PM
I'm so sorry. It's such an ugly disease. I take care of a woman with Alzheimer's. I'll be praying for you and your family.
cbk_mom3
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:20 PM

I'm so sorry. My mom was diagnosed with it last year. The hardest thing I've had to do is watch the person I have depended on my entire life slipping a little more from me everyday. There are some good meds, though. Hopefully she has a good Neurologist. Mom has been on Aricept, I think it's called. It helps her sleep better at night. She was having a time with that. 

Hate2LoveMe
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:20 PM
It is, and I live so far away from her.

Quoting theboyfactory: Alzheimer's is such a cruel disease. We have to watch our loved ones get stolen away while they stand right in front of us. :(

I'm so sorry. I've been through this and it is hard.
Hate2LoveMe
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:21 PM
My dad said she's seeing the best Dr's

Quoting cbk_mom3:

I'm so sorry. My mom was diagnosed with it last year. The hardest thing I've had to do is watch the person I have depended on my entire life slipping a little more from me everyday. There are some good meds, though. Hopefully she has a good Neurologist. Mom has been on Aricept, I think it's called. It helps her sleep better at night. She was having a time with that. 

Hate2LoveMe
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Thanks! I use to do the same..

Quoting txrebel: I'm so sorry. It's such an ugly disease. I take care of a woman with Alzheimer's. I'll be praying for you and your family.
o.0
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:24 PM
My mother has it. It's a horrible disease. A lot of people think that means she just forgets things and gets lost, but there is so much more. The anger she has is awful. It has taken away the person I knew
cbk_mom3
by on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:25 PM

That makes a big difference. And it sounds like she's got a lot of family support. That is very important. Praying for you all.

Quoting Hate2LoveMe: My dad said she's seeing the best Dr's
Quoting cbk_mom3:

nanny1918
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:26 PM
I'm so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 8:26 PM

Sorry to hear that my MIL was recently diagnosed as well shes in her early 60's.. Shes currently living in assited living but has her own apartment.  Shes been forgetful for years now and finnaly found out why.. I don't think it has set in with hubby yet just how bad its going to get.. Hopefully she has some time before she gets much worse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)