Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

buying gifts for one but not the other? edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
My fiance paternal grandparents bought stuff for our unborn baby and not our one year old. They didn't buy anything for Christmas, birthday, or when Our child was born.

I don't think they believe the one year old is his, which there is a possibility he isn't but my fiance calls him son and that is final and it won't change. The other guy bailed.

So why can't they just accept him? The only daddy he knows is my fiance and his maternal side of the family fully accepts him and love him like no other.
edit

A few asked about a DNA test, no we are not getting one. My fiance doesn't want to and he sees no point.

He doesn't talk to his grandparents on his fathers side so he doesn't know about the gifts.

Some of you assume there is more than 2 men, no there isn't.

Also I do have an older child they bought gifts for which is not related to them so treating our son different isn't fair at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2015 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM
2 moms liked this
The kid is not their blood so they dont give a shit. Is it right? No. But YOU cannot force people to "like" anyone they dont want to. Get used to it.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:02 PM
Have you asked them why they Do that?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:07 PM
There is a possibility the one year old is not their blood but that doesn't give them the right to ignore him. They don't even ignore my oldest who definitely isn't their blood.

Quoting Anonymous 2: The kid is not their blood so they dont give a shit. Is it right? No. But YOU cannot force people to "like" anyone they dont want to. Get used to it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:08 PM
No I just found out today they bought the unborn baby stuff

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Have you asked them why they Do that?
TresHijas111825
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:11 PM

*Paternal.

They're not very kind; however they can buy presents for whomever they choose. You don't have to accept them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:12 PM
I know how it's spelled, I'm too lazy to fix it and i just won't accept them.

Quoting TresHijas111825:

*Paternal.

They're not very kind; however they can buy presents for whomever they choose. You don't have to accept them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I honestly, wouldn't accept anything for the,baby . I don't like that playing favorite bullshit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2015 at 11:15 PM
Yeah I don't like it either.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I honestly, wouldn't accept anything for the,baby . I don't like that playing favorite bullshit
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)