Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you be okay with this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
We're getting 8700$ back and dh is paying off his back child support 3100$ and spending 4000$ on a new motorcycle. I'll take about 200$ and spend the day with the kids at the zoo and do a little dinner with them the rest will go into savings. It really bugs me that he's spending so much on a motorcycle, I feel he can get a cheaper bike and put more money towards the kids and savings. He said he make the money so he will spend it how he wants to. I understand he wants to have things but I feel a cheaper bike and more in savings in the better way to go. Guess I better get over it cause he's not budging on this.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
illogicalkat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:52 AM

If he owes back child support, then he has no business spending anything on a motorcycle.

So, no, I would not be ok with that at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:52 AM
Bump!
Newmom8912
by Crystal on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:53 AM
This

Quoting illogicalkat:

If he owes back child support, then he has no business spending anything on a motorcycle.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:54 AM
He got hurt at work last year and was out of work for 2 months. That's why he's behind but I'm still not okay with the stupid bike!

Quoting illogicalkat:

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope. If he owed back child support he clearly isn't financially responsible. I wouldn't be okay with a motorcycle.

And HE makes the money so he gets to decide? Oh hell no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:59 AM
He got hurt last year and was out of work 2 months that's why he's behind. He actually told me that he makes the money so it's his choice. I was livid, I take care of our 4 children 24/7 all are 6 and under! Plus babysit a newborn 6 days a week.

Quoting KristenFowles: Nope. If he owed back child support he clearly isn't financially responsible. I wouldn't be okay with a motorcycle.

SamanthaSage
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:00 AM

illogicalkat is being logical.

Quoting illogicalkat:

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:01 AM
Nope that's bull shit and would not work for me.

We are partners. If I were a stay at home mom I would still demand to be an equal in dishing out the income.. that's ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He got hurt last year and was out of work 2 months that's why he's behind. He actually told me that he makes the money so it's his choice. I was livid, I take care of our 4 children 24/7 all are 6 and under! Plus babysit a newborn 6 days a week.
Quoting KristenFowles: Nope. If he owed back child support he clearly isn't financially responsible. I wouldn't be okay with a motorcycle.

BellaByrdie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:01 AM

I would not be okay with him spending four grand on a bike.  I would say give him two grand and then save the rest.  I would be pissed if my husband did a stunt liket his.  

imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:03 AM
My DH bought a bike last year and I was really mad, but at the end of the day he pays for everything we have and deserves to treat himself once in a while.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)