Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So heartbroken

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I had a job interview today for a job I've wanted over two years and It was at 12:45pm. My power steering went out a couple days ago. (My husbands a mechanic) so my car is in his shop. He was supposed to take me. He knew how important it was to me. Then after calling him and speaking with him multiple times he kept saying he's on his way. He finally arrives at 12:35pm smh the place is 45 mins away. In I couldn't call because the phone said they were on lunch between 12 and 1pm everytime so call after 1pm. So I finally spoke with someone around 1:15 when I was basically there and they said they can reschedule it for sometime in the next few days but didn't call back with time and date. I am so sad and mad at him. I've been crying all day. He knows this was so important to me. He wasn't even doing anything important he got here with his friend who hasn't been around in months and when I got back I sat outside in the car for hours so frustrated. I don't understand why he would let this happened. Just two weeks ago my job had a huge event for me and a few others because of great customer service and he "accidentally" took both of our keys when he left and took forever and made me late to that. Thank god they didn't notice because there were so many people there. I won a trophy and everything it ended up turning out great. But now this it's like my priorities don't matter to him or something I am beyond mad at him. Hopefully they call me with my new interview time tomorrow I feel like I already made a horrible impression. So many of there employees have referred me an I feel like today was my perfect opportunity now I lost all my confidence I don't know what to feel.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:01 AM

Don't rely on him, it's that simple really.

ruby_jewel_04
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Your husband sounds like my friends ex husband. A controlling douche. But he tries to make it seem like he doesn't mean to. I'd be pissed off, and shit would be changing, or else I'd walk. That shows a huge lack of respect for you.
DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to talk with him. Maybe he's jealous or doesn't want you to work. He may not even know the reason he's acting this way. If you're unable to figure it out then you might suggest you both go to marriage counseling. This kind of behavior can kill a marriage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:06 AM
Yeah. I really don't rely on him all the time I do everything myself. Only if you knew. After 10 years of being together I think I should have be able to count on him to be here with our three year old daughter and also so I can use the car. I will have my car fixed tomorrow so I won't need to use his car hopefully ever again.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:08 AM

Do you think he is sabotaging you or just thoughtless in meeting your needs?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yeah. I really don't rely on him all the time I do everything myself. Only if you knew. After 10 years of being together I think I should have be able to count on him to be here with our three year old daughter and also so I can use the car. I will have my car fixed tomorrow so I won't need to use his car hopefully ever again.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My SO is the same way. I've been without my car since the first wk of Sept and I've been dealing with this. If it's something super super important anymore I just lie and tell him that I need to leave an hour beforehand that way I at least have an hour to spare on time that he kills for me.
It's so damn frustrating, I know. *hug*

I hope that you get your car back soon and I hope that they call you in the morning!! Good luck!! 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:19 AM
Yes sometimes I do feel like he doesn't want me to succeed or something because I have been doing really great honestly and I'm also about to graduate college in the next few months. He hasn't even started. Or hasn't supported it at all. Never has he helped me with one assignment but I did it. I've been doing full time school and work for four years now. Ive grown so much the past four years and he's in the same place. Working at the shop when there's only money some times. But I support ANYTHING he does that is positive to get him further in life. i hate my job even though they love me and he knows that but I can't just quit he always says just quit or don't complain. He's never worked for anyone so doesn't know what it's like to get bossed around all day. I don't even want to talk anymore I feel like giving up. Like either we're going to grow together or grow apart.

Quoting DisabledVet:

You need to talk with him. Maybe he's jealous or doesn't want you to work. He may not even know the reason he's acting this way. If you're unable to figure it out then you might suggest you both go to marriage counseling. This kind of behavior can kill a marriage.

sexymamatoone
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds to me like hes being an undercover douch. he is controling you and keeping you from moving forward in life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:22 AM
Thank you me too. Or I want to call them again. I really want this job. I really need to get away from my job. I'm sorry you have to deal with that also hopefully your car gets fixed soon also thanks for the positive encouragement.

Quoting Anonymous 3: My SO is the same way. I've been without my car since the first wk of Sept and I've been dealing with this. If it's something super super important anymore I just lie and tell him that I need to leave an hour beforehand that way I at least have an hour to spare on time that he kills for me.
It's so damn frustrating, I know. *hug*

I hope that you get your car back soon and I hope that they call you in the morning!! Good luck!! 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:26 AM
My first reaction is find another man you can rely on in these situations. My now ex was very stupid and unreliable like you describe and I found my new dh (who was just a friend then) who always came through for me and put me first. If your man can't fulfill your needs then show him you can find someone who will. He'll either shape up or ship out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)