Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confession about Online Dating as a Single Mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

What I have realized is that being a single mom does not mean that I have to forget about dating. Some of my friends do not understand why I am sometimes searching for people to date online when I can just focus on my child. It seems that they do not understand that I am focusing on my child but I would also like to give myself some attention.

I know that it will be too elaborate for me to actually search through friends. Most of the people that they have introduced to me usually act interested in the beginning until they find out that I have a child already. I even overheard someone say that I am attractive but then I have "extra baggage." That really hurt me because my daughter is not an extra baggage, I would want to find someone who will accept me and my daughter. If it seems easier said than done, you are absolutely right.

Why I Think Communicating Online is Better.

I personally believe that communicating online is better because I have already placed on my profile at italianosingles.com that I am a single mom so those who are communicating with me, talk to me in spite of the fact that I have a daughter. I do not have to make that awkward conversation wherein I have to tell the person that I have a daughter because before he chats with me, he already knows.  Here are my other reasons why communicating online is better:

·       I can wear my most comfortable house clothes and still chat. Dating and meeting for real can be time consuming and stressful because of thinking about the right clothes to wear and such. With online dating, I can just wear my usual clothes and still feel cozy.

·       I can learn more about the person that I am chatting with at soulsingles.com and I can determine whether we have something in common or not. If we do not click, I do not have to waste a lot of hours chatting with him. I can immediately move to the next one.

·       Communicating online does not cost a lot of money. The norm right now when people date is that the bill should be split. While this may not happen during the first date, chatting online is still much cheaper not to mention more convenient.

Here are just some of the reasons why I believe that online dating is better. There may still be a lot more that other single moms will discover when they try it out themselves.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:34 AM
The one site that I used was military cupid. Good site if you want a guy that is in the military. That's where I met a few guys and my bil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:37 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:39 AM
Beware: people lie a lot online too. Some have perfected their lies due to much practice online.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Too bad the guys are usually thirty pounds fatter in real life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)