Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you value nutrition? Do you garden?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM
  • 31 Replies

Mobile Photo

This is our garden box hubby built. With organic mushroom compost. We grow organic seeds.
Greens, lettuce, cabbage, carrots, squash, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelon, pumpkin, green beans, tomatoes and spices.
What about you.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:00 AM
I don't garden. That's awesome though. Enjoy!
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:00 AM
You cram all of that into that little space? I garden but I definitely wouldn't crowd everything like that. Have you done this before? Did it work?
JoyNLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:01 AM
I have three. Lol
Just posted one.
It's great. Yes I've done it before.

Quoting bmw29: You cram all of that into that little space? I garden but I definitely wouldn't crowd everything like that. Have you done this before? Did it work?
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:03 AM
Oh, LOL I understand. I was trying to imagine it because even with my huge garden the squash, zucchini and cucumbers end up trying to take over and I have to fight them to keep them in line.

Quoting JoyNLove: I have three. Lol
Just posted one.

Quoting bmw29: You cram all of that into that little space? I garden but I definitely wouldn't crowd everything like that. Have you done this before? Did it work?
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:05 AM

We have to ask permission from our HOA and submit contractor drawings to build a garden.  It's stupid, so no, we don't.  I grow herbs in our sunroom, though, and we have pretty decent farmers markets around.  Plus, we buy a share with a local farm and they drop off a huge bag off produce once a week, seasonally.

JoyNLove
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:10 AM
I haven't planted those yet. I guess I'll put them in one box.

Quoting bmw29: Oh, LOL I understand. I was trying to imagine it because even with my huge garden the squash, zucchini and cucumbers end up trying to take over and I have to fight them to keep them in line.

Quoting JoyNLove: I have three. Lol
Just posted one.

jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:14 AM
I hate gardening. I value nutrition though.... I just buy it lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM

We have a HUGE garden every year!  HUGE!!!

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:49 AM

My garden falls victim to these nasty little buggers called stinkbugs every.single. year. It doesn't matter what I do, they manage to destroy the plants before they really fruit. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 7:50 AM
We garden, it gets bigger every year. We value nutrition.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)