Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What the f%*! is wrong with people?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

My DH works with a guy who has a girlfriend and they just recently had a baby. This woman is abusive to this guy. Verbally, physically, mentally. It's awful. Most of the guys just make fun of him and I get so mad because if this was a woman, they would be disgusted and angry with the abuser, but they just call this guy a pussy because he's a guy. 

It's still a person being abused. It's wrong, male or female. I feel bad for him and won't participate with the other guys start talking about him. I made my feelings known once, and basically got bashed for it. My DH has tried to tell him many times it's not ok and he needs to get out, but he's staying for whatever reason. 

How do you feel about men being abused? Would you think he was a pussy?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kylenkodysmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:16 AM
4 moms liked this
I think men being abused is just as bad as women being abused. IMO, if a woman is "man" enough to hit man, then she should be "man" enough to take whatever comes her way.

The guy is probably staying because of the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jblb
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:16 AM
5 moms liked this
Well first off, male or female - if it's happening at work, it's workplace harassment and it should be reported.
msb64
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I think your DH's co-worker is in a dangerous, abusive situation and no, I don't think he is a "pussy".  I commend your DH for being supportive.

NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with you.  It's ingrained sexism.  We're taught (however subconsciously) that men are strong and women are weak.  Women are expected to be weak and emotional, whereas men are expected to never (or hardly ever) express emotions.  This mindset undervalues women and puts unfair expectations on men.

I hope he's able to get help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM

It's not at work. Some of them have seen it at their home, and he talks about it at work. 

Quoting Jblb: Well first off, male or female - if it's happening at work, it's workplace harassment and it should be reported.

sweetpeasgirl12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not ok, no different than a man abusing a woman. I'm sure he's staying for the same reason woman Stay the kid, wich I think is not a good reason, no child should grown up in that environment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM
2 moms liked this
Sadly it seemes the norm to bash a guy thats a victim of domestic abuse. Hell a guy cant even defend himself or HE becomes the abuser.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:18 AM

I thought it was great he tried. He still tries. They work in a very masculine, male dominated field and I think that makes it that much harder for the man being abused. 

Quoting msb64:

I think your DH's co-worker is in a dangerous, abusive situation and no, I don't think he is a "pussy".  I commend your DH for being supportive.

sweetpeasgirl12
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:20 AM
My dh says the same thing!

Quoting kylenkodysmom: I think men being abused is just as bad as women being abused. IMO, if a woman is "man" enough to hit man, then she should be "man" enough to take whatever comes her way.

The guy is probably staying because of the baby.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Feb. 18, 2015 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This guy's not a "pussy" any more than an abused woman is a "pussy". I hope he gets out of the relationship. I'm sure he wants to stay for the baby, but a baby shouldn't be in a home like that. Your dh's co-workers are jackasses. You and Dh just keep being supportive. He needs someone to be supportive right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)