Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen moms

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I was reading replies in another post and there was a comment that I found odd.

That a teen showing up pregnant to a gyn or hospital would require a call to cps and names Would have been asked.

I was a teen mom and neither happened in fact if cps would have been my parents would have been in trouble because I was living with my 22 year old boyfriend and he would have been arrested because age of consent was 18.

This was 15 years ago so things might have changed. So if you were a teen mom was cps called or were names asked..
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Bump
staci1103
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:07 AM

Idk this is new to me.  I wasnt teen mom but my daughter was and when I took her for her appts it was as normal as when I went for mine.  And ask names of what?

AllAboutAmaya
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:07 AM
I'm confused? Someone said if a teen shows up at a gym or the hospital pregnant that they have to call CPS? If so, no that's not true. I was also a teen mother and I never had anyone randomly call CPS on me just for being pregnant. How silly.
semazani
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:07 AM
I haven't heard of this, but I have heard a teen parent cannot sign paperwork if their child is admitted to the hospital bc they are underage and can't legally sign a contract.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM
My moms a social worker in the hospital. If it is a young mom a HOSPITAL social worker will come by. The hospital social worker just ensures there are enough supports in place. They will hand out forms, give extra diapers if needed.

I was 19, and they did not. But my mom said it was probably because they all knew I was her daughter and such.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM
Im guessing names of who got her pregnant.

Quoting staci1103:

Idk this is new to me.  I wasnt teen mom but my daughter was and when I took her for her appts it was as normal as when I went for mine.  And ask names of what?

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM

If it was a young teen, 13 or 14, I would certainly hope they would acknowledge it in some way.  A 16 yr old showing up with no prior prenatal care and saying her parents can't know, probably should then too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Not true. They may call if it is a super young teenor preteen. I know in my hospital they have an in-house social worker who talks to girls when parents aren't around about what they want to do parenting wise (adopt or keep the baby) but thats it
ksixberry2
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM
No cps, no questions besides from the doctor. No one showed. I got pregnant at 17, had him at 18.
staci1103
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Strange.  The only thing they asked her about the babys father was if he was going to be involved, they never asked for his name.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Im guessing names of who got her pregnant.
Quoting staci1103:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)