Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this irritate you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

My car needs to go in for an oil change.  We have a maintenance plan on it from the dealership so it is free.  The dealership is directly across the street from where my DH works.  I asked him to take it in and he promised he would.  His work schedule is very flexible....so normally he drops it off and walks over at lunch to pick it up.

I was off on Monday with all three kids out of school.  He feels I should have taken it on Monday.  First off...it is 30 minutes across town.  Second...taking three kids to sit in the dealership wouldn't be my idea of a good day off.  And last...I had promised them a pajama day. 

He is taking it tomorrow...but it just irritated me that he felt the need to suggest I should have taken it on Monday and sat there to wait for it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM
If you want something done the right way....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM
You should of taken it Monday. Don't use the 3 kids as an excuse. It wouldn't be fun, but it has to get done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:10 AM
Not something I would get my panties in a bunch about. I've learned to pick my battles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:11 AM

Quoting Momeficient: If you want something done the right way....

I suppose.  But sitting at the dealership with three kids wasn't my idea of fun on my day off.  AND there is nowhere to really sit.  Only place nearby is DHs work and McDonalds.  Can't eat at McDonalds with my kid's food allergy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should of taken it Monday. Don't use the 3 kids as an excuse. It wouldn't be fun, but it has to get done.

He has always taken it.  It is literally a 2 minute walk from his work.  He had promised last week he would take it.  It just irritated me.  You drop off the car and then they get it in first come, first serve...so we could be there for hours.  It is way easier to drop it off and go do something.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM
Maybe it's different at the dealership, but here you can stay in the car, it takes less than 10 minutes, and they hand out treats.
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM
I would've went in to his job with all 3 kids while I waited. Bet you'll never have that problem again.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Momeficient: If you want something done the right way....

I suppose.  But sitting at the dealership with three kids wasn't my idea of fun on my day off.  AND there is nowhere to really sit.  Only place nearby is DHs work and McDonalds.  Can't eat at McDonalds with my kid's food allergy.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:12 AM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Not something I would get my panties in a bunch about. I've learned to pick my battles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM
I would have dropped it off and sat in DH office for an hour. With three kids. And maybe next time, he won't suggest you taking it :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM

Quoting Retrokitty: Maybe it's different at the dealership, but here you can stay in the car, it takes less than 10 minutes, and they hand out treats.

This one is first come, first serve for fast lane service.  It can take up to 2-3 hours before they get your car in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)