Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got accused of not feeding her DD...*update*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I have had this 3 year old in my daycare a little over a year. She comes 2 weeks a month because of visitation.

Anyways the mom comes in to drop her child off and tells me she needs to talk to me. She says her child has a melt down every morning because I don't feed her breakfast.
I was shocked! I do feed them a morning snack. I offer it to the kids even though all eat before they arrive. Including her kid! She usually eats on the way.

Anyways she was drilling me on what time I feed the kids, what I feed them and so on. Again she blamed her morning tantrum on lack of breakfast at my house. I told her most kids eat at home and I offer morning snack.Its in the policies. She tells me she eats a lot in the morning. She is really hungry. She then turns to her kid and says " I guess we will have to go shopping and buy you some cereal or something"

I can't believe she just walked in my house and was do rude and accusing! Especially after all this time! I've done so much for her. ..I guess that doesn't matter. I have taken wonderful and exceptional care of her child. I let her use a whole fill time spot and only pay half. I didn't give up on her when she was emotionally upset over the change and having pooping accidents every day. I feed her extra snacks at the end of the day because she is always the last to pick up. First to arrive and last to pick up.

I was so shocked I really didn't know how to address her accusations. I'm mean really. If you think I'm not feeding your child all this time why would you bring her to me? And we both know her tantrums are because her life is split every month! Two weeks here ...two weeks there. And the last time she had visitation her mom was gone for almost a week. It's REALLY hard on her! She should be a mom and feed her child when she is hungry in the morning lime everyone else

I want to be understanding at the same time I can't have people come into my house and treat me that way.

UPDATE: So I sent her a text during quiet time. I 5 old her that I felt that her questions and they way she asked them I felt were disrespectful. I told her I was confused and also reminded her all I've done. I said maybe the meltdowns are because of her adjusting to the two week split and she misses her mom so maybe she could make time in the morning for breakfast and time to spend with her. She sent me a text back apologizing. Then at pick up she to me she read the policies and it does use the word breakfast. I reminded her what that includes every morning. It is small like a snack. A bread and milk. Like this morning we had blueberry breakfast bars and milk. I also gave her DD a banana because I knew she didn't eat anything. I reminded her that at the time of signing I explained that all kids eat something at home and breakfast is more like a morning snack. It is also worded so in the provider policies provided by the state. She still thinks she is right and I'm wrong. Whatever. I know most of you say get rid of her. It's not that easy. If this continues I will have to. For now I'll see if she behaves. That poor little girl can't handle more change!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elfling811
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
And this is why I could never watch other people's kids. I honestly don't understand how you guys can be so patient with people who are behaving like such assholes.
SaskMummy
by Mandy on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:31 AM
That's outrageous !!
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Poor kid, and what a dumb mom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM
I don't even know what to say to her

Quoting elfling811: And this is why I could never watch other people's kids. I honestly don't understand how you guys can be so patient with people who are behaving like such assholes.
VicVinegar
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM
Sounds like mom just doesn't want to feed her kid breakfast and expects you to do it.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM

" I guess we will have to go shopping and buy you some cereal or something" 

Really? I just... I just cant lmao

Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Wait. The kid is starving at breakfast time, i.e. BEFORE she's dropped off with you! Does the mom expect you to come to her house and make a full breakfast, too? Tell her to hire a live-in nanny or let her ex have full custody if pouring cereal in a bowl's too hard for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Quoting elfling811: And this is why I could never watch other people's kids. I honestly don't understand how you guys can be so patient with people who are behaving like such assholes.

I used to work in child care but I had to quit because I couldn't handle the parents. It's hard because I love kids and I loved teaching them, but parents are just horrible. They have some sort of guilt issue or something and take it out on the person who can't fight back. 

engel
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be so nice with my response. Especially since you are doing her favors to begin with. It would go something like this: "There's the door, it's okay to use it one last time. Have a nice life!".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:40 AM
It states in your agreement/contract with the parent that you provide a morning snack, not breakfast (that is what I have gathered from your post) soo, this seems to be an overwhelmed mom who has an upset child, and is looking for someone else to blame for her lack of parenting abilities. AKA: An asshole. Sorry you have to deal with that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)