Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugghhh Credit issues and buying a home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Soo...I used to have a credit score of 750.  Then my stupid ex husband opened a bunch of shit in my name and of course didn't pay.  By the time I found out my credit was a 525.  Sooo...I worked hard...paid if all off, put on a fraud alert, disputed some things and won, and checked my credit and had a 635,  Called to start the loan process and find out that their score is different.  For a mortgage loan my credit score is 585.  Now to keep working. 

I have two years of on-time payments, nothing in collections, and the credit cards I do have are at less than 50% of their max now.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Im sorry that sucks. Keep on at it.. it definitely doesnt take much for your score to plummet but its hell on earth getting it back up!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BEXi: Im sorry that sucks. Keep on at it.. it definitely doesnt take much for your score to plummet but its hell on earth getting it back up!!

Yeah.  It is crazy.  What really sucks is how many things he was able to open without me finding out.  Then by the time I did....too damn late. 

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM
It takes so long to repair credit. It sucks.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM
We are doing it now. Have you looked into credit repair companies. My husband is using a law firm to re,ove old debt to pay it off. We also are getting a secured card and are hoping to have a house by the summer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)