Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online Purchase - Can someone answer a question for me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I know this isn't your typical MC drama post, but I need some advice.

I've been looking for a specific item online. I've seen the price on different webstores vary from a few hundred to close to a couple grand.

So Monday I found the item on a website for $300. Thats a total steal for this item. So I purchased it through paypal and have been waiting patiently for an order confirmation or some kind of acknowledgment from the company but haven't received one. Today I went to the website and viewed the item and the price has been changed to $3000!  Yikes! So I went to my paypal and the money is still sent from my account. Do you think I will receive the item? I'm now thinking the original price I paid was a typo? idk. I still haven't received any email from the company. Do they have to send me the item anyway? Of course I want to receive it at the price I paid, but I don't know if realistically that's gonna happen. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:06 AM

the company can choose not to honor the price and refund your money, but i understand state laws can vary on this. i would be contacting them via phone to find out what's going on.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:10 AM
What company? I think it depends on how reputable they are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM

Quoting mojogirl:

the company can choose not to honor the price and refund your money, but i understand state laws can vary on this. i would be contacting them via phone to find out what's going on.

Yea, I thought they probably have that option. They are based in Canada but expressed they have warehouses in Canada and one in the US. I don't know if state laws apply to online purchases.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:18 AM

Quoting LilysMama719: What company? I think it depends on how reputable they are.

They are a Theater company. They sell professional theater props, equipment, lighting, costumes and things of that nature. They appear to the real thing, Their facebook page has a large following if that means anything.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM

I think you need to contact the company and find out what's happening. They need to refund your money if they're not going to honor the purchase.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:26 AM

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I think you need to contact the company and find out what's happening. They need to refund your money if they're not going to honor the purchase.

I know. I was hoping to hear something from them first. I was just wondering if anyone here knew if I could get the item at the price I paid. (wishful thinking?) I was so excited when I found it. But I guess I need to be realistic. *sigh*

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
I would contact the company, but I don't think you'll get the item. :/

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting LilysMama719: What company? I think it depends on how reputable they are.

They are a Theater company. They sell professional theater props, equipment, lighting, costumes and things of that nature. They appear to the real thing, Their facebook page has a large following if that means anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM

BUMP!

bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Why don't you contact the company?

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:39 AM

It sounds like the $300 was a typo on the website and they fixed it.  I don't think you're gonna get the item for $300.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)