Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can we talk about unrealistic diaper commercials?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I just saw a Luvs commercial, the one where she has the kid sanitize herself before holding kid 1 and then just hands off kid 2 to the mechanic?

I get the idea of the commercial so dont start in on that.

My issue is, the lady had a FULL pack of luvs hanging out of her diaper bag lol.

Am I the only one who put diapers, clothing, wipes, and extras in huge zip lock bags?

I was sick if them falling out and getting stepped on or wet or lost.

Even now I keep a spare set of clothing for each and adults in zippys in the cars.

Hell I pack using them, separate the clothing into days and throw em in a bag, squish all the air out and bam! No sorting or forgetting. The stuff from the day before goes in the now empty bag!

Tell me im not insane haha
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I agree that the commercials are basically insane...but no I don't put stuff in ziplock bags

I don't ever carry an entire package of diapers though...my diaper bag has a little pocket just for them and I toss a few in

also luvs suck and I hate them...

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen that commercial. I usually only carried 2-3 diapers unless I was going to be gone for a long time. I just shoved them in the diaper bag. Heck, I even left that in the car half the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM
I love that commercial. It's so true :) at least the concept of it! I was crazy with my first, everyone had to wash hands, no kids around him, didn't take him out for like three months, etc..
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM

I carry 5 diapers, two overnight diapers and wipes.

couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM
I DO THE EXACT SAME THING.
*high five to organization*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Commercial makers don't believe that anyone is going to carry around a huge full pack of diapers, they just wanted to be sure that the diapers could be clearly seen in the commercial. And to add a little more to the humor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Hahaha far from organized! Just sick of wasting $$ and loosing stuff.

Quoting couture-mommy: I DO THE EXACT SAME THING.
*high five to organization*
djg0622
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:43 AM
All in good humor, you might be a little insane. lol. I did read a tip on Pinterest to seperate clothes in ziplock for trips. It's a great idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Im almost positive im insane haha.

It just makes sense! I let the kids put stickers on there bags and we have them pack there own.

Quoting djg0622: All in good humor, you might be a little insane. lol. I did read a tip on Pinterest to seperate clothes in ziplock for trips. It's a great idea.
lovinglife1622
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:46 AM
What you do is a good idea, I should do that but I'm probably not going to. I love those luvs commercial.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)