Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me weeeeeaaaannnn!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
My dd is 19 months old. She nurses to sleep at night and for naps, when she wakes up, and when she is tired. I am SO over nursing. Sometimes it makes my skin crawl. :-/ She also wants to put her hand in my shirt when she nurses or is tired and it drives me bananas! She doesn't like milk so she only drinks water.

I need help on where to start without causing her a lot of stress and tears.

Thanks, mommas!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:27 AM
I do baby led weaning so I can't speak from personal experience. I do know of women that start taking bc pills so it dries up their milk and the child stops nursing on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:31 AM
That seems cruel. Lol! When did your babies wean? I originally wanted to do blw but I don't think I can wait that long!

Quoting lauren.m: I do baby led weaning so I can't speak from personal experience. I do know of women that start taking bc pills so it dries up their milk and the child stops nursing on their own.
lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:37 AM
Lol it does but i guess it's better than them knowing there's milk but u won't give them any. I have 5 kids all have weaned at different ages. Do you respond to a pump at all? If so maybe get baby used to getting milk in a cup instead? Then you could maybe switch to goats milk or almond milk once she's use to milk in a cup.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That seems cruel. Lol! When did your babies wean? I originally wanted to do blw but I don't think I can wait that long!
Quoting lauren.m: I do baby led weaning so I can't speak from personal experience. I do know of women that start taking bc pills so it dries up their milk and the child stops nursing on their own.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)