Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i just need a quick answer

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

keep getting the run around on google

soo

is it legal for a 4 year old to ride in a 5point harnessed seat in the front seat of a pickup truck if there is no back seat? air bags turned off. this is in texas btw.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CannotCount
by It's Misspelt on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:34 AM
Pretty sure it is if there is no back seat
answeredprayer
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Pretty sure it isn't a law that they can't sit up front just a recommendation.I am in Texas.
katydid150
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM

Should be, since there is no back seat. 

2kids2dogs2cats
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM

If you have no back seat this is allowed in almost every state,  if the airbag is turned off!

I think you are good!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
It's legal here in California, idk about Texas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
Yes it's legal.
xtwistedxlovex
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:38 AM

http://www.dps.texas.gov/director_staff/public_information/occSafetyPrgmFAQs.htm
Texas law does not specify where in the vehicle a child is required to ride – BUT – the law does require that all child safety seat systems must be used according to the owner’s manuals. ALL rear-facing seats are prohibited from being used on the front seat of the vehicle if there is a passenger air bag. The only way the rear-facing safety seat can be legally and properly installed on the front seat of a single-cab vehicle is to manually turn the air bag to the “off” position. If your vehicle has “smart” airbags designed to deactivate or depower themselves based on information received by sensors in the front seat – these types of airbags are designed to accommodate small adults – not for the installation of child safety seats. Also, some manufacturers prohibit using their products in certain seating positions of different vehicles. Children are safer if they ride properly restrained in the back seat than if they are in the front seat. Follow the vehicle manufacturers’ requirements and recommendations to keep all children 12 years old and younger properly restrained in the back seat. A multi-year research study conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics in trauma rooms across the U.S. determined that children younger than 13 years old who are sitting in the front seat during crashes receive far more traumatic and fatal injuries than the same age group of children riding properly restrained in the back seat when the vehicle is involved in a crash.

lovinglife1622
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 11:40 AM
I would think it is legal
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)