Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other cheer moms?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this
I went looking for a cheer moms group and didn't find any. :(

What age is your cheerleader and how long have they been cheering? School or all star or both?

DD is four, this is her first year and obviously she's in all star not school cheer. Recently the subject of next year came up and she was devastated to find out most of her friends will be to old for the tiny team and have to move to a different team next year. We've had a lot of happy moments so far, this is our first sad one.

**EDIT**

I made a group for cheer moms, if anyone is interested.

www.cafemom.com/group/cheer_moms

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.miller89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Bump...
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Nope. It's all about Hockey in our family...
minermanswife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Cheer mom here. I love it. We do All star cheer. She took a break from it to try Middle School and she likes all star better...my 4 years old will also be doing all stars as well...however.we switched gyms this year...our old gym was great.
..we have 2 in our town..the one we are going to is great..where ya from...? We are from Logan, Wv
mrs.miller89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:35 PM
We're in Oklahoma City. We're pretty saturated with gyms small and large with the city and all the surrounding suburbs.
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:38 PM

my DD started cheer last Aug at the age of 5.  its a non competative cheer team.

she now does cheer and tumble (which will prepare her for competative cheer) at the age of 7 (which is when i feel she should start)

she is doing non comp. cheer again this year, but will continue with the group cheer and tumble and private lessons.

mrs.miller89
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 4:45 PM
That's what we were originally planning on when we put DD in tumbling last April. They don't have any other kind of cheer classes for that young unless they just go on the tiny squad though. Part of the reason we started her too was to make more friends because she's not in school yet or daycare, and there were no other girls in her class, seriously.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

my DD started cheer last Aug at the age of 5.  its a non competative cheer team.

she now does cheer and tumble (which will prepare her for competative cheer) at the age of 7 (which is when i feel she should start)

she is doing non comp. cheer again this year, but will continue with the group cheer and tumble and private lessons.

AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

there are 38 kids in her kindergarten grade (2 classes) ONLY 12 are girls.  so i was hoping she would meet some more.  LoL.

Quoting mrs.miller89: That's what we were originally planning on when we put DD in tumbling last April. They don't have any other kind of cheer classes for that young unless they just go on the tiny squad though. Part of the reason we started her too was to make more friends because she's not in school yet or daycare, and there were no other girls in her class, seriously.
Quoting AJsMom81507:

mawfia
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:52 PM
My fifth grader had been taking private tumbling/cheer. This spring will be her first audition for the competitive/little league team. So I'm am hoping to be a cheer mom soon. She my first girl to show any interest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDukati
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM
I've been a cheer mom, ballet mom, karate mom, and most recently, a soccer mom.
tinybluemoon
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No. The only thing I will ever agree with that Abby Lee Miller about is that I would never let my daughter shake her ass so that some boy can go to college for free. Not happening. Dance or gymnastics are their only choices.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)