Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:25 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

My twins dad has never done a thing for them. I've always pushed the issue. When he would see them it would be because of me. I've grown tired of it. They'll be 4 on Friday and I'm over reminding him he has kids. So I recently asked him would be like to sign his rights over. His exact words were "do what's best for yall." So should I pursue it or just let him go on with his life without this legal action?
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get his rights terminated if possible. I know in a lot of states they won't terminate unless he's a danger to the children or there is someone who is willing to step up and adopt them though.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:29 PM

Do you have a husband that would legally adopt them? It may be difficult to do if you don't. They are beautiful little girls.

yuli1926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM
I would pursue it!
JC2223
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you getting or need child support from him? Do you want to continue forcing him to be a part of your DD's lives. Would they be better off without him in their lives, now and in the future? These are just some of the questions you have to ask yourself and make a decision you feel is best for them. It's not about you or him, it's about them. What is best for them? BTW...they are ADORABLE!!!!

svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I'd leave it be. If he doesn't want to be part of their lives it's his major loss. Unless u think he would cause problems later in their lives.
Beautiful girls.
bellaamore
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:34 PM
My brother in law signed over his rights

He did not have anyone else willing to adopt them and it wasn't difficult. She said she wanted his rights terminated because he wasn't involved and he confirmed that and signed papers. That's it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I would seek professional legal counsel from a qualified attorney who specializes in family law. Your children are beautiful and this is a very big and important question, one that could have long term ramifications for their lives. It is too important to be discussed in a public internet forum.

twincesse-mom11
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:44 PM
I do have a fiancé who loves them to death. He says they're his children. And thanks

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Do you have a husband that would legally adopt them? It may be difficult to do if you don't. They are beautiful little girls.

svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:47 PM
I would suggest going ahead with it then.

Quoting twincesse-mom11: I do have a fiancé who loves them to death. He says they're his children. And thanks

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Just sign up for cs and leave him be. There's no need to terminate his rights.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)