Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much homework do your kids have???

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM
  • 29 Replies
Ds 10 has an average of 2 hrs every night. I'm so sick of it. Some days it's closer to 3 hrs where he is barely getting time to eat or relax at all before bed.

He's a really smart kid. He's not slow. I check them all....apparently I suck at math lol so that takes awhile too when he has to correct.

I'm getting him a tutor 2x a week in hopes it will speed things up and make it easier for us all. :( I just think it's ridiculous. Of the 14 hrs he's awake everyday 9-10 is spent doing school work. Bleck.
Vent over.
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Huh? That seems a tad excessive.
svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Bump!
disneymom2two
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM

My son's in honors courses in high school; there are times where he has a ton and times where it seems to be less than I'd expect.  Several of his teachers say they don't give homework.  My 3rd grader's homework is nuts and takes anywhere from 1-2 hours on average with the occasional ridiculous 2 1/2-3 hours.  

svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM
I think so too. He had 4 math sheets just for yesterday ..2 geometry and 2 algebra. Plus he had to practice vocab/spelling

Quoting MilkLover0203: Huh? That seems a tad excessive.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:15 PM

my 9 yr old rarely has homework, and if he does it is no more than 20 minutes

his teacher and our district have a policy that homework is only for work not completed in class or when extra support at home is needed

svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:15 PM
Yeah they shouldn't have that much. I didn't have to study that much usually for college!

Quoting disneymom2two:

My son's in honors courses in high school; there are times where he has a ton and times where it seems to be less than I'd expect.  Several of his teachers say they don't give homework.  My 3rd grader's homework is nuts and takes anywhere from 1-2 hours on average with the occasional ridiculous 2 1/2-3 hours.  

missanc
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM
My 9th grader does most of his during lunch (they have a 50 minute lunch/study hall), so maybe only max of 30 mins at night. My 8ty grader has max of an hour, and that's not even most nights. A lot of nights they have none. They are both really good students and finish work quickly.
svolkov
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM
That's what his old school was before we moved. I miss it

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

my 9 yr old rarely has homework, and if he does it is no more than 20 minutes

his teacher and our district have a policy that homework is only for work not completed in class or when extra support at home is needed

msb64
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:16 PM
DD has 2-3 hours a night and all day Saturday and/or Sunday. BUT, she is in 12th grade and is in the middle of mock exams and final papers.

DS is in 4th grade and has about 1 hour a night if you include the nightly 20 minutes of reading. He usually has about 2-3 hours of homework over the weekend.
supermama322
by Kaylee on Feb. 18, 2015 at 2:17 PM

Like maybe 20 minutes a night.. But they have French reading contests monthly for most minutes read and DD always strives to win. She reads 1.5 hours or more every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)