Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car seat question. Small Update!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
Update.

I used the seat this morning in HBB mode and with the seat belt slots on it, the belt fit him perfectly. I read some saying they didn't like the fit but maybe it's a a combination of that and the shape of my seats. For whatever reason, the fit is perfect. I'm still going harness him when I get a new clip. Just glad this works for now.

Thanks for all the help ladies!

I have no idea what happened but the chest buckle on my sons car seat is broken. He's 5. 38 lbs. About 42 inches tall. What's the best course of action here? Does any child this age/size ride in a high back booster with a seat belt? Can you buy replacement harnesses? I suppose I need to check if his seat is expired anyway. He's been riding in it since he was 2.5.

Buy another car seat entirely?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM
How much does he weigh?
Never mind I figured I out? He's five and weighs 38lbs.
I'd try to replace the chest clip and I'd get a hbb if I couldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:32 PM
41 lbs this morning with his coat and boots on so I'm thinking about 38.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM
At five he can possibly ride in a booster, if he can pass the five step test. I personally would keep my child harnessed. Depending on the seat you may possibly be able to just order a new chest clip. If you bought the seat new when he was 2.5 it is not expired. If you were to buy a new seat, what is your budget?
polkaspots
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I read it as 5.38 lbs and was confused for a minute.

Quoting Anonymous 1: 41 lbs this morning with his coat and boots on so I'm thinking about 38.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM
I can probably spend $100-150. I'm ok with ordering a new chest clip BUT I have nothing to put him in in the meantime. His daycare is a few blocks away and I made the discovery this morning at 5 am. Nothing I could do then.

Quoting caligirl7613: At five he can possibly ride in a booster, if he can pass the five step test. I personally would keep my child harnessed. Depending on the seat you may possibly be able to just order a new chest clip. If you bought the seat new when he was 2.5 it is not expired. If you were to buy a new seat, what is your budget?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM
You can't walk a few blocks?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can probably spend $100-150. I'm ok with ordering a new chest clip BUT I have nothing to put him in in the meantime. His daycare is a few blocks away and I made the discovery this morning at 5 am. Nothing I could do then.

Quoting caligirl7613: At five he can possibly ride in a booster, if he can pass the five step test. I personally would keep my child harnessed. Depending on the seat you may possibly be able to just order a new chest clip. If you bought the seat new when he was 2.5 it is not expired. If you were to buy a new seat, what is your budget?
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:40 PM
Order a new chest clip OR buy a new seat if you can't wait for a new clip to arrive. I would not put him in a booster at that weight.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM
No. I can't. With my 5 year old, 2 year old. And everything they need for school and daycare. It was -12 this morning at 5 am.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You can't walk a few blocks?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can probably spend $100-150. I'm ok with ordering a new chest clip BUT I have nothing to put him in in the meantime. His daycare is a few blocks away and I made the discovery this morning at 5 am. Nothing I could do then.

LibraBalance
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AjsMom0508: Order a new chest clip OR buy a new seat if you can't wait for a new clip to arrive. I would not put him in a booster at that weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenlove2013
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM
My dd is in a backless booster
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)