Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom never taught you to knock before entering?

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
My sister just decided to pay me a visit. A) Unannounced. B) Decides to come in, no knocking, nothing. C) she just throws herself on the couch like if she lived here!

I kinda freaked out, what her answer was. "Don't want people to just walk in don't let the door unlocked!" Okay usually I lock it. But today I was in and out of the house and forgot to lock it. Anyways what gives her the okay to just barge in like that?! OMG seriously my sister sometimes drives me crazy!
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MakeEmSayUhhhh
by on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:35 PM

All families are different.

It's a comfort thing, some are more comfortable and laid back with each other, others live more like strangers than siblings. 

She sounds comfortable lol.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM

has she done this before?

i don't visit my family often, but i seldom knock when i do. or i'll just knock to say i'm here and then just walk right on in. every family's different.

ladybugrooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM
My brother knocks and it annoys me. He knows he can walk in and yet he knocks so I have to stop what I am doing and go answer the door.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM
I've got some friends and family with relationships like that, and some without. She shouldn't do it if it bothers you, but it is normal and acceptable for some people.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:38 PM
My sister doesn't knock. My niece is worse. She'll come in and start digging through my stuff.
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM

If I know you really well, you don't have to knock. I constantly telling people they don't have to knock. If I am in the middle of something I would much rather them just come in then inconvenience me by having to stop what I am doing to answer the door. 

My family is that way. If you are family or a close friend, my home is your home. I want people to feel completely comfortable in my home. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM

LOL Yes, I think even family should give fair warning..... you never know...........what if the nudist husband was sitting there in the buff, watching TV?  LOL.  They'd get an eyeful.

isell_avon
by ehhhh! on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM

Well my mom lives in a ghetto neighborhood so when I visit her the door is always locked. I do have a key but I always knock. 

I live in an apartment complex with a locked building if anybody got through and visited me I'd probably be terrified because I don't like company. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM

I usually do the same when I visit friends and family, however they usually know I'm coming too.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:42 PM

I'm the same way. I have to open one door, go down stairs and open another door when someone comes over. If the door is unlocked, I would rather they just came in.

Quoting alexsmomma06:

If I know you really well, you don't have to knock. I constantly telling people they don't have to knock. If I am in the middle of something I would much rather them just come in then inconvenience me by having to stop what I am doing to answer the door. 

My family is that way. If you are family or a close friend, my home is your home. I want people to feel completely comfortable in my home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)