Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't know I was pregnant

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Title was for attention but it feels like it....I have 2 days to prepare for a baby, my nephew was taken from my bil and his df.....and since we're the only ones with room they are giving him to us.....it's overwhelming, we just got rid of our own son's infant stuff....I wish this either would have happened sooner or long after but we literally just gave the crib and clothes away to a friend of my moms......

Freaking out here
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bella_Morte13
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:42 PM

Could you ask for the things back and explain the situtation? Im sorry this just was dropped on you. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Sadly no, it was shipped across the country

Quoting Bella_Morte13:

Could you ask for the things back and explain the situtation? Im sorry this just was dropped on you. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM

If you need help go to your local pregnancy resource center and explain to them what is going on. They should be able to help you out.

Also hit up craigslist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Sorry. Does the parents have the stuff that you need like clothes car seat stroller crib bedding etc? If so see if they can let you have it for know.
ladybugrooke
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Churches, second hand, friends........whoever is placing him with you. Do mom and dad have any stuff for him that you can get your hands on?
Good luck they obviously know you can hamdle it or they wouldn't have given him to you but yeah, timing is sucky lol. Can you find a portable crib for him maybe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Everything is disgusting....I wouldn't want it in the house

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sorry. Does the parents have the stuff that you need like clothes car seat stroller crib bedding etc? If so see if they can let you have it for know.
lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Oh man, but it's a great thing you're doing. Go through your local buy/sell/trade pages for used items. Even thrift stores. You don't need much right now, a pack and play or bassinet to sleep in, a couple of sleepers, diapers, wipes and formula. You can do this! Good luck with everything!
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Look on craigslist and offer up for things. Hit up the thrift stores. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:47 PM
We have no problem buying new stuff, it's just overwhelming to only have 2 days to get everything and put it together
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Do you have a store called once upon a child? If so go there and get the clothes I also think they have bassinets and the stuff you need.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Everything is disgusting....I wouldn't want it in the house

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sorry. Does the parents have the stuff that you need like clothes car seat stroller crib bedding etc? If so see if they can let you have it for know.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)