Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cursing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
Ok! I am in desperate need of advice to help me STOP cursing! I am 23 & I swear I have a mouth like a sailor and I am so over it. It is definitely not classy and just gross in my opinion when a woman curses so much. My kids are 2 & 5 I don't want them hearing curse words all the time. I say ass, shit & f**k so it could be worse I guess.

I know this post is ridiculous but I'd any of you ladies have had a bad mouth before and have learned a way to stop cursing please help !
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Start reading more, preferably higher-level reading. The more you read, the more you'll expand your vocabulary, and your conversations will reflect that.
wbattistel2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:48 PM
All you have to do is watch your filthy fucking mouth around those kids. Jk

I have a mouth that would make a sailor blush. It isn't because of a limited vocabulary or lack of education . I just curse and I am still a fucking lady. I had the same concern when I started to have children so we instituted a swear jar. Whomever contributes the least amount of money keeps the pot. It hurts the pocketbook so you will learn fast.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 3:53 PM

Just try to pay attention when you do it. When you notice it, correct yourself. Come up with other words to use in their place. Think before you start talking. 

I cuss, but try to limit myself. When DS was little, I tried not to do it at all. I realized that wasn't realistic and that he would hear the words at some point, so I might as well just teach them to him and that they are adult words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)