Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this irritate you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Today crossing the street with toddler in tow, a lady pulled her car right over the crosswalk, past the second line of the cross walk.  There was no way around the back of her car because of snowbanks, and to go infront I would have to walk into heavy traffic (she was that far out).

I waited a moment, most drivers will pull back to let you by.  She made an annoyed gesture with her hand for me to go around.  I made a hand gesture for her to move back.

She flipped me the middle finger!

I yelled (so she could hear, not getting all mad though) "move back off the cross walk"  There was NO ONE behind her.

She rolled down her window and shouted "Go fuck yourself!"

I had to back to the other side of the crosswalk because I couldn't get by.  As she drove away, she held her middle finger out her window at me.

WTH?

I don't drive, but I know that pedestrians have right of way on a crosswalk, and that you aren't supposed to go over the line, let alone both lines forcing pedestrians into traffic.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:04 PM

Wow that was really rude of her. I've had people do that to me before too. 

astheworldspins
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
She was a rude obnoxious moron. They are not supposed to block the crosswalk.Next time take a pic of her car blocking the crosswalk and her vehicle with license plate
Locamadre
by Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:05 PM
I'm sorry. You should feel sorry for her to and hope she feels better and no one else sets her off for something legitimate because as a pedestrian cross walk is there for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:06 PM

I was tempted

Quoting astheworldspins: She was a rude obnoxious moron. They are not supposed to block the crosswalk.Next time take a pic of her car blocking the crosswalk and her vehicle with license plate

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:06 PM
She was an asshole.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM
I would have gotten her license plate number and called in on her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Wow. Someone must've been having a shitty day. 😲
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM

I'd have got her plate number and reported her.

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Yep I think I would have stood right smack in front of her car and started taking pictures. What a bitch!
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 18, 2015 at 5:09 PM

That's shitty. It happens here sometimes, too. People suck. My husband takes the kids and dog for a walk almost every day and encounters assholes like that on occassion.

I want to go to a party with Jennifer, just to make observations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)